Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Robbies21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 281 of 325

Re: New firmware kills VPN

Thank you Sean. I have a Homehub3b, where I had the issue with the ability to VPN. However, in speaking with BT I have been able to get a free upgrade to use Homehub5 which I am going to try tonight as I am on callout for the software company I work for over this weekend and not being able to VPN would mean that I am having to travel 30 minutes or more to log in from the office if I get called out, which is not good in the early hours of Saturday or Sunday.

Rob.
0 Ratings
stevie_p
Aspiring Contributor
Message 282 of 325

Hi Neil,

Sorry I couldn't answer the phone there. Git your message, not a problem re the factory reset and reapplying my custom settings.

Many thanks for your help!
Steve
0 Ratings
Dg2k187
Aspiring Contributor
Message 283 of 325

Thanks Neil,

Sent all my details.

Will update again.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Dg2k187
Aspiring Contributor
Message 284 of 325

I forgot to include my Hub Serial Number on the first try..

Details Sent Again..

Silly Me! Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
c00kie72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 285 of 325

Yeah I'm good.

I replaced the router with a Netgear, and did away with the HH3 all together.

I was just interested if folks were getting an updated FW or if it was a roll back.

If you can tell me what your new FW number is on your HH3 Type A, that would be good.

0 Ratings
staddlecote
Beginner
Message 286 of 325

Hi, Same problem. I tried to restore to factory default but same firmware was reloaded. Regards Ian
0 Ratings
Nicksheldon
Message 287 of 325

I'm having the exact same problem, since the new firmware I am unable to connect to VPNs and I'm also unable to access my networked hard drive remotely. Very frustrating. Has anyone managed to solve this issue yet? I've reset to default settings on the home hub but this hasn't changed anything?

Cheers,
Nick
0 Ratings
bassmoore
Message 288 of 325

I am having the same issue and seen this on another post:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Unable-to-connect-to-VPN-Home-Hub-3-0A/td-p/1219469

Can a moderator please contact me so that i can sort this out please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 289 of 325

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting. Can you please drop me an email with your details, including the hub serial number, and I’ll look at this for you. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ link in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
hels610
Beginner
Message 290 of 325

Hi

Can I please add my desperate cries of help to this thread - it's been two weeks now and numerous laborious processes to try to identify problem, before I accidentally came across tha article in last Thursday's Register.

I have tried the work-around posted today but I still can't connect. Can a moderator please contact me so I can provide the requested information?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings