Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnny_internet
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New flat, cabinet full - advice needed!

Hi everybody,

I have recently moved to a new rented flat and wanted to set up BT unlimited infinity. Unfortunately, I was told that the cabinet that serves the property is currently full. My quandry is whether I should keep checking the availability (https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html) or whether I should instead sign up to the basic service and then upgrade later. How does the waiting list work? Would I definitely be offered the option to upgrade when it becomes available? Or is it better to wait and only buy when there is definitely availability? I see you also get a different hub with the two packages.

I have attached a screenshot of the availability for my neighborhood. 

Thanks in advance!

btbroadbandavailability.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New flat, cabinet full - advice needed!

keep checking as soon as the checker shows available then order the waiting list is for all providers not just BT Retail

personally i would order standard broadband and when infinity shows as available upgrade then
0 Ratings
johnny_internet
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi John,

Thanks for the speedy response. 

If were to start off with the standard broadband, would I then have to pay full price (rather that the reduced rate for new customers) when I upgrade? 

Also, do you have an idea or and estimate of how frequently ports become available in cases like this? Is it usually on the order of days/weeks/months?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

yes it would be full price ports can take an unlimited time to become available particularly it the cabinet as no more card space and a second cabinet is needed that could be many months

if it is just a single port that becomes available then it is allocated to the first service provider on the waiting list and that may not be BT as there are around 500 providers able to use the cabinet
0 Ratings