cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louis2000segal
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New home hub

BT have rung us up many many times asking wether we want a new home hub for free, but my mother told them not to ring again, and we have not recieved any calls from them since, or a new router.

I was wondering is it possible to get a new home hub for free? Has anyone else had this issue. Its just we currently have the very original home hub, and it is as slow as a snail, and a new home hub would improve the speeds.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New home hub

many people still say the original HH1 was one of the best - I know CL keith uses one

it is not necessarily correct that replacing the HH1 with a new HH3 will improve your connection.

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the   adsl stats  from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester  and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
louis2000segal
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have not a clue how to get to the adsl stats even after reading the guide. My connection speed is just under 8 mps even though we are paying for 10. I think we are connected to the master socket, as it's the only one in the house.

When we do a quiet line test, we get a loud white noise (and we have tried using about 500 ADSL fliters!) And also, whenever we hang up the phone, the internet goes off for about 5 minutes. Can this be fixed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Do you have anything else connected to the line, like a Sky box or alarm system?

Which type of master socket do you have?

One of these

NTE5_fl[1].jpg

Or one of these

LJU2_front[1].jpg

Or if you are lucky

One of these

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
louis2000segal
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

oh we have a telephone connected and the home hub but thats it. An ADSL filter is plugged into the socket, and in the ADSL filter we have a telephone plugged in, and a modem line cable that is plugged into the home hub

0 Ratings