cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filljaygee
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

New house, major BT connection problems.

After moving to a new house, we thought that it might be helpful to have a phone line and some internet.

Nov 29th - We order BT infinity, a phone line with unlimited any time calls and the HD sport for sky. Black Friday deals on too. Not bad.

That went through and we were told that we'd get a hub box through the post 2 days before an engineer shows up on the 10th of December. That all happened.

The engineer showed up, got the internet turned on and told us the phones should be up some time after 5pm that night. So we had the internet up and running for the night but the phones never came on.

The next day, our service was apparently cancelled. Everything went down.

Apparently there was already an active line or something here already and so we couldn't be connected until it was cancelled or some such. There was no active line that we could tell.

Several phone calls later, some angrier than others and getting bounced around call centres and the likes, we finally get another order put in place. This time an engineer is to come out on Jan the 6th. Quite frankly having no access to the internet or a phone line after moving for the entire month before Christmas is unacceptable, especially when there is a disabled person living in the house with very little in the ways of contacting the outside world.

During one of the phone calls, we were told that we shouldn't worry about the set up date we were given as we'd be contacted the next day and it would get sorted.

We've contacted BT, they've contacted us and nothing is changing. We keep ending up with call centres, presumably not in this country, or just being told that we'll receive a call the next day to sort it out. Today for example, we contacted them to see what is going on and were promised we'd be phoned back later today. Were we? I don't think so.

This is appalling service and we want it sorted out asap.

Even if we do end up waiting until the 6th of Jan, which we shouldn't have to, what's to say this isn't just going to happen again?

I understand this is a community forum but is there some magical number or something out there that can be called where a real person with the power to sort this out will be on the other end?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New house, major BT connection problems.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 3

Re: New house, major BT connection problems.

Hi filljaygee,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that it's taking so long to get you connected since moving into your new house.  It's definitely a weird one that you had an internet connection for a brief moment and now you're being told connection won't be until 6th January.

I'm happy to check this out and find out what's causing the problem from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings