cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firestorm
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New iPhone Blacklisted

What a big mistake joining bt mobile, 3 days after receiving new iphone on contract i receive a email from bt mobile saying i requested my iphone to be blacklisted, the very next day that is exactly what they did. to make matters worse is the first bill isnt even due for over a week. even if it was late they shouldnt be blacklisting, in my mind they are abusing that system..........

like previously said. BIG MISTAKE !
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: New iPhone Blacklisted

@firestorm I'm really sorry about that, handsets should only be blacklisted when they are reported as lost or stolen.  Did you manage to get this sorted? If you need any help get in touch with the Mobile live chat team on this link.

0 Ratings
firestorm
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

The account was 3 days old, however on signup i gave account details for an account that dont accept direct debit, that was their excuse but as my bill is not due until 18 dec 2016 i dont feel they have any right to restrict or blacklist me for anything, after paying my bill online EARLY and updating my dd details i called the high value team and received an email stating the blacklisting has been removed. i still show no service, ive lost 24hrs use of my phone plan and im considering excercising my right to cancel as im still within 14 days.

I wish to make this a formal complaint, as i was within my contracted terms, no payment was late, even if it had been late a restriction on the sim should have been made and not on the phone. the way i see it is if i didnt pay im contractualy obligated to the remainder of the plan and also for the cost of the handset. How do i go about having this investigated as i do not wish this to happen again

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

If you want to make a formal complaint, you need to contact BT directly.  This is just a customer forum.

0 Ratings
firestorm
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

have you cone across this before ?
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

It's a new one on me.  But nobody really knows how the different BT departments work (especially not BT themselves).

0 Ratings