cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keefor
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

New install

Just got infinity installed today as quicjk and panless but i assume Iits currently ont he 40Meg connection even though my account under services says "BT infinity option 2 76mb downlaod sped 20mb upload speed"

Would I need to do the free upgrade process to get the 76 or should I just wait?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: New install

When your ordered, did you order Infinity or Infinity 2?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
keefor
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

At the time infinity 2 didn't exist.  it was just the 40Mbit unlimited option.

I ordered on the 10th April and infinity 2 went live 2 days later but my order was auto upgraded to 76Mbit.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 14

Could you run a B.T speedtest please http://www.speedtester.bt.com

This will help us determine you profile.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
keefor
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Doesnt work it keeps failing.

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 14

Ok try this one,http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/. It will be a bit more difficult to see without your profile.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Can take a couple days for the speedtester to catch up. The orders need to close and back end systems catch up with the fact you're now on FTTC.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
keefor
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

If you only ordered the 40/10 then you'll need to order the Infinity 2 product, it won't happen automatically.

Ask yourself do you need it though? Some people have been having issues with their speed actually dropping. I haven't but some have.

What's your line estimate when you put your telephone number into the BT Wholesale availability checker?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 14

I have to agree with Webby here, unless your need it i wouldn't bother, not for the moment at least since there are many issues for the upgrade.

0 Ratings