Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 108

Re: New modem for BT Infinity???

You must already have a HH3.

The HH2 is ADSL only, it doesn't have the BT Infinity socket that the VDSL modem plugs into.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 82 of 108

@parkbench wrote:

I'm not au fait with all the parts of my broadband, but I thought that I would be getting the new style homehub? It appears all that has been upgraded is the white box that connects between my homehub 2 and my incoming line. Is that right, or am I being scammed ? I rang Kelly Com and they said that's all they're doing. Not sure why the new homehub is on the letter if all I'm getting is a minor hardware upgrade.

The replacement of the modem only (the white box) is correct. That is what your letter stated. I thought the time of recieving mine that the picture of the homehub on the letter was bound to mislead some.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 83 of 108

@robby2k9 wrote:

You must already have a HH3.

The HH2 is ADSL only, it doesn't have the BT Infinity socket that the VDSL modem plugs into.

Incorrect. There is an Infinity specific HH2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 108

Hey guys,

I just got my letter this morning and made my appointment for Friday!  I was quite pleased actually, having said that, my HH3 and OR modem have been working perfectly well. 

Anyway, I do not have my OR modem wall mounted - I am guessing that the Kelly engineer will not insist on wall mounting the new one, right?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 85 of 108

@bingefeller wrote:

Hey guys,

I just got my letter this morning and made my appointment for Friday!  I was quite pleased actually, having said that, my HH3 and OR modem have been working perfectly well. 

Anyway, I do not have my OR modem wall mounted - I am guessing that the Kelly engineer will not insist on wall mounting the new one, right?

I would imagine you are right, alot of posters believe it is better, but I don't beleive there is any requirement to have it wall mounted otherwise they would insist on it.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 108

Unless you've got a different letter to everyone else, the letter mentions where on BT's website where it details the modem swap, so why are you looking on their home page? Just go to the link shown on your letter. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 87 of 108

Cheers toekneem. 

As I said I am happy with my speeds but maybe the new OR modem will impove it.  I was actually going to order a Draytek Vigor but I think I will hold off. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 88 of 108

Re: New modem for BT Infinity??? (PSU colour?)

Recieved the letter yesterday, got a phone call about an hour later, and the modem installed this morning.  This being in N.Ireland, so the rollout has started here.

The only issue I have is that the PSU wasn't changed.  Apparently, the new modem should come with a white PSU rated at 1.0A, whereas the original is rated at 0.7A.  The modem itself seems to run a little hotter than the original, judging by what my fingers are telling me...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 89 of 108

Hi, Im also in Norn-Iron. Just had my new modem installed today and my connenciton have dropped 3 times (compared to once a week on the old modem). It defo runs hotter, really noticable when I pick it up. I think its time to start properly complaining about this and my 40mb infinity connection which is getting slower every week!! currently down to 17mb peak no matter what time of day.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 90 of 108

My modem is wall mounted, both always have been. The new device does not literally run cold, but it does in comparison to the old one. It has only a slight warmth to the touch, as you would expect.
0 Ratings