cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 23

Re: New order has downgraded service

I'm happy to leave it to Claire so long as it doesn't drag on for days. if it's resolved by the morning then, perhaps, I can talk about some compensation to her when she calls. I don't now know where my new contract stands given that it's now disappeared from MY BT.

It seems to me that there is a fundamentally problem in BT's customer database if that is the issue. It also seems to me that it ought to be resolvable much more quickly. After all switching me from VDSL to ADSL took something like 20s according to my router.

What I do worry about is the customer who isn't technically savvy being confronted with such an issue. All they would be saying is that streaming services and BT TV aren't working properly (for example all my HD channels have gone because I guess ADSL multicast doesn't have them). This could be happening all over the place and BT should sort out their customer database. It's kiboshed my upgrading to Windows 10 today!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 23

Hopefully the data integrity team will be in soon and there might be some progress. There's been no progress over night. 20s to downgrade the service and currently more than 24h to restore it. Another quality service from BT, but do they really care; after all I'm only one of millions?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 13 of 23

Guru will this take three weeks or three months?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

now the mod team are involved it should be resolved fairly quickly just leave it with them
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 23

When BT breaks your broadband

See below
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 16 of 23

I feel this topic needs airing on the forum. Can John6 or other experts please take note.

Yesterday BT arbitrarily downgraded my BT Infinity 2 to standard ADSL Broadband. This happened when my broadband product was upgraded from Infinity 2 to Infinity 2 (i.e. no change); the only change had been the price I pay. I've had moderator Claire on the case she been helpful but can only work within the rules she's allowed.

After much toing and froing I've now been told I'll probably have to wait until a new order goes through for the 11th August (two weeks on from the fault caused by BT's systems). This order says it will involve an engineer visit (why there nothing wrong at this end or in the cabinet it's a software issue. Will I have to be in for an engineer to do nothing?).

So BT can accidentally discontinue your contracted service but they are unable to rectify the fault for around two weeks because there systems won't allow it. This seem an appalling way for a big company to treat its customers. Surely someone in senior management should be getting a handle on this.

The level of compensation they offer I guess will be a pittance. The difference between Infinity 2 and ADSL broadband for two weeks plus a tiny amount of "good will" which they've certainly lost. It should be in the £100s and perhaps OFCOM need to be approaching on this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 23

Is it just me or is the number of people complaining about having their service downgraded from Infinity to ADSL (for no reason) starting to increase?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

@SuperSajuuk wrote:
Is it just me or is the number of people complaining about having their service downgraded from Infinity to ADSL (for no reason) starting to increase?

I thought the same.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Need-help-Infinity-Connection-Removed-BT-seem-unable-to-r...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 19 of 23

Is it possible that everyone who had a changed contract yesterday is facing the same problem? If so it would certainly demonstrate a faulty piece of software.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

I had a similar level of hassle when I moved house. I got a new cable to the house (as a thanks for lending the Openreach guy an iphone charger) and about £120 worth of compensation - I didn't have to pay a bill for about 6 months. Just keep moaning - eventually you get someone in the UK.

What I found amusing was the rubbish they come out with. At one stage my problem was being handled by an offline team that can't be contacted by phone or contact anyone by phone. They cocked up and gave openreach the wrong info, and BT were tryign to explain how complicated the system of getting information to them was. I did point out that as BT own most of the infrastructure for phones in the UK it wasn't beyond them to run a phone line to this poor team - presumably locked in a faraday cage somewhere with a Ouija board and tarot cards.

0 Ratings