Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tomgrant00
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

New property - master phone line install

Go to solution
Hi there,

I have just moved into a brand new property and would like to have BT install a master socket into my house so I can have phone and broadband. There are currently no phone sockets in the house at all.

As far as I know they didn't cable the house up underground ready for points to be put in, and all the houses next door (which are about 60 years old) are cabled up from the telephone pilons.

If I book in a new line installation, will the engineer come and fit the master socket by hooking it up to the pilons? (sorry if that's a super daft questions...!).

Basically - I dot want to book it in, wait a month for the engineer for him to come out and say he can't do it because of XYZ.

Hope that makes sense and many thanks for any help you can give.

Tom
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: New property - master phone line install

Go to solution
hi if you have no current wiring then when you place your order all necessary wiring and socket will be installed
0 Ratings
Tomgrant00
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Cool - thank you for your response. So even though there us no cable at all coming to the house from a pilon or the ground they will do that as part of the install? Would they do it from the pilon to save getting permission from the council to dig up the road?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
HI As your neighbours are on overhead cables then you will be as well yes all cables are included in the install
0 Ratings
Tomgrant00
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Awesome - thank you very much for your response John 🙂 ive had no end of trouble with Virgin giving me the run around with digging up the road and cables, the council etc. Youve really put my mind at ease! Cheers, Tom
0 Ratings
tobyc
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

the line past our (rural) place is underground......we can dig trenches as required, but will standard connection charge cover junction? 

cheers - Toby

0 Ratings
Mosie
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

We have just built our new home next door. We have prepared all the ducting and are waiting for BT engineers to connect. Over the past month we have had three appointments but your engineers have failed to turn up. Please can you provide any information on this ongoing problem. The order no given to us is HMNA05586104 and AGTAA5810693  We were advised that installation would take place on 4th February, 4th March. As our set up includes Infinity Broadband and we work from home I am concerned that we will move in without a connection having been made. We have now been provided with a new date but we are concerned this will also be cancelled.Please, please can you help?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

the work is carried out by Openreach NOT BT Retail who operate this customer to customer self help forum posts made here DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO BT could you please also delete the order numbers as they are personal to you and this is a public forum  

You need to contact  who ever was arranging  your installation 

0 Ratings