cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

New smart hub firmware SG4B1000B316 factory reset or not?

Go to solution

Hi I'm currently on my 4 smart hub which (touch wood) has been running rock solid for the last 13 days, it's just downloaded the new SG4B1000B316 firmware but has not actually installed it yet, I'm guessing the hub will receive a reboot command in the early hours of the morning to install it, do I need to perform a factory reset after the update installs or will it be ok as it is, I've done a backup configuration file of my settings if a reset needs to be performed?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New smart hub firmware SG4B1000B316 factory reset or not?

Go to solution

The jury is out on that one. Some people say a factory reset is best and others say it is not needed.

In any event a factory reset should do no harm and may ensure that the update is correctly configured. As long as you have done a back up of your settings you should be able to restore them from the backup.

If you chose not to do a factory reset, if you find there are problems you can always perform one then.

If you do a factory reset make sure you hold the reset button in for at least 20 seconds.

Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: New smart hub firmware SG4B1000B316 factory reset or not?

Go to solution

@gg30340 Ok thanks for your help I see how it goes, it's been working brilliantly for the last 13 days good coverage and great wifi speeds I'm currently on infinity 1 and getting the max speeds, if problems do accur I will perform a reset a you suggested thanks for your help 😃

BT Smart Hub Manager
This is a quick overview of your BT Smart Hub's status.

Connection status: Connected

BT Broadband /
BT Infinity /
BT Infinity 3 and 4:

BT Infinity

Firmware version:
SG4B10002244
Firmware updated:
03-Aug-2017
Serial number:
Downstream sync speed:
55.00 Mbps