cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbwpu
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New socket (what is it)

While fixing a line fault the OR engineer changed my old socket for a new one. But i can't see any identification on it. Looks like an NTE5A Master Socket but with 'openreach branding' on it is that likely to be what it is? Doesn't look like the 5C (has screws not clips).

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New socket (what is it)

does it have 2 sockets - internet and phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pbwpu
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

It looks like this but has the branding that looks like this

(except it doesn't say Master socet 5c or BT)
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

if it's clips and not screws sounds like new 5c

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pbwpu
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Its screws thats why i'm puzzled. Looks like 5A branded more like 5C - screws not clips...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

take a pic and post it