Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 181 of 195

Re: New software release

Those who follow the Youview community forum may have noted that in response to a few questions raised 

1. Why have there been no significant software updates for some time now?
  2. When will the next software update be? Will it include the connected red button feature?
  3. Why haven't more small but effective features been added to the box over the first two years that might have demonstrated more steady progress and generated more customer satisfaction and confidence for the future?

a response was posted by a Youview company rep

We strive to offer the best customer experience possible via YouView and the BBC Connected Red Button will be added as soon as we feel confident our customers will be able to enjoy the full benefits of this update. We can’t yet share a specific delivery date, but our plan is to deliver the functionality late summer/ autumn. 

We are also looking to incorporate a number of additional fixes and features within a forthcoming software release.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 182 of 195

'Content Free ' .....

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 183 of 195

I have asked on the other thread but I hope that isn't the sum total of the joint official statement due today....

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 184 of 195

Steve, did I miss the announcement or has there been a delay on the announcement about the delays 🙂

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 185 of 195

Nope, it was aligned to youview's statement:

"Just to re-affirm, we strive to offer the best customer experience possible via YouView and the BBC Connected Red Button will be added as soon as we feel confident our customers will be able to enjoy the full benefits of this update. We can't yet share a specific delivery date, but our plan is to deliver the functionality late summer/ autumn.

We are also looking to incorporate a number of additional fixes and features within a forthcoming software release.

We will update the forum as soon as more information is available to share."

Steve

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 186 of 195

So they think a statement saying 'we will offer something at some time in the future' is classed as an official statement...

It's a good job BT are not a communications company...oh hang on....

Does the additional fixes in a forthcoming software mean there is something immenient because otherwise aren't they just stating the obvious...

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 187 of 195

It's disappointing but I'm kind of pleased we know where we stand and I can give up checking daily for updates thinking one is imminent.
0 Ratings
henburyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 188 of 195

So not quite "in time for a quite extraordinary summer of sport in 2014", eh, Mr Halton?

It looks like The Fifa World Cup, Wimbledon, Golf Open Championhip and Commonwealth Games will be distant memories before YouView gets the Red Button.

0 Ratings
alimac
Beginner
Message 189 of 195

Probably already somewhere in these 19 pages, however, since 4th July and the latest software update my box has stopped working as anything other than a dumb freeview box. Recordings don't play, there is no live pause, nothing? Anyone else suffering? Box is also freezing and can only be hard reset.

0 Ratings
zolah
Contributor
Message 190 of 195

Wonder if we will see an update this year.

0 Ratings