cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

New to BT Infinity but suddenly download speed collapsed!

Hi All

I have just been upgraded to BT Infinity, previous standard broadband customer getting sirca 14MB down and 1MB up.  When BT Infinity installed, I was getting 36 Down and 9 Up so was very happy!  Got home from work today and wife said it is suddenly slow.  Did normal checks and yep, slower, so BT Speedtested and the following results came up....see screen shots.

It looks like the maximum speed achievable has substantially reduced and wonder if there has been a fault on the line which has caused systems to restrict the speeds....although not sure this should happen anyway with Infinity as thought should be more reliable.

So now I am at speeds less than traditional broadband and substantially lower than BT said was achievable (which was between 17 and 26MB down - hend why I was ecstatic when I got 36 down!).

Any help much appreciated.  

MB

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 21.42.25.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-13 at 21.43.34.png

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: New to BT Infinity but suddenly download speed collapsed!

Post stats from hub troubleshooting then helpdesk then post 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for reply, attached...Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 22.04.34.png

0 Ratings
blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

It might just be another BT21cn contention issue if your speed drops are late afternoon and evening (peak times)  - there have been a lot of people reporting such issues both here and on Plusnet Forums << where at least you get some analysis and technical response.

Can you do tests in daytime? It would be interesting to see if this is the issue...

If its not then you may have a line fault, or faulty HH5 - << aparently they dont like some people tho in fairness mine has been fine.

0 Ratings
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Seems odd if traffic issue that the speedtester results show line now only capable of 7mb.
0 Ratings
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Will try first thing tomorrow though.
0 Ratings
blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

You can refer to this thread if it is a potential capacity issue - I note it was marked as soved but cant see how..

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Broadband-speed-virtually-unusable-in-the-e...

or just do a forum search for slow speeds in evening... alas its just appears to be a topic search but it gives you hints.

0 Ratings
blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

or since it wont let me edit anymore

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-issues-again/td-p/1430104

there are so many - the forum should have subsections for these but ... he ho i'm just a noob here and often get some disrespectful coments about quality of service.

At least if you could EASILY see peoples problems then it might lead you to a solution.

0 Ratings
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Just retried and still restricted to same levels, any chance a moderator can look at this? Does line need resetting?
0 Ratings
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

So kept trying all day, no improvement.  Switched off hub and left it for a while, turned it back on and hey presto, back to normal.

Will keep monitoring and post update.  

0 Ratings