Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New to BT and Home Hub

Go to solution

BT have made me an offer I can't refuse and next week the transfer takes place from an ISP I've been with for 20 years - since the days of dial-up.

Q1: I currently have a small Billion BiPAC 7700N router which has been rock solid for 3 or so years.  I would like to continue using it but the salesman clammed up when I asked about a username and password.  Is it possible to continue using the Billion? If so, how?

Q2: If I have to use the HomeHub, is there a detailed handboook explaining how to assign local IP Addresses and other finer points?  I understand the HH6 is not very flexible as the first 100 addresses are pre-allocated to wi-fi.  Currently I have all my wired network devices (PCs, printers, NAS drive, Youview Box, etc.) on low numbered assigned IP addresses, and while I'm capable of re-assigning them with the HH6 I'd prefer not to (messy and time-consuming) and would like some detail about how to.

Q3:  Can I rename the HH6's SSID?

Many thanks.

Cheers, John.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New to BT and Home Hub

Go to solution

If you are transferring to an ADSL/ADSL2 service rather than Infinity (VDSL) then you can continue using the BIllion as it is. If you are transferring to Infinity, you will need a standalone VDSL modem as well. In either case, the PPP session will be dealt with by the Billion. Username and password are generic as BT authenticate via phone line. Username is homehub@btbroadband.com and pasword BT.

Whichever service you are transferring to, I would recommend using the Billion rather than the locked down Home Hub. Openreach modems are available from the well known auction site.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

Have you ordered standard broadband, or BT Infinity?

If its standard broadband, then you can carry on usin the Billion router.

Login details

Broadband Username   bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password bt

Even though you are not using a home hub.

If its BT Infinity, then the Billion will not work, as its only ADSL2+.

You can rename the HH6 SSID.

There is plenty of help on this user forum, if you need it.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes, ADSL2, around 13mbps. That's seems simple enough. Cheers!

0 Ratings