Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
machasm
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

New to infinity and cant wait!

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that I am looking forward to being connected to infinity on the 16th Feb.

I have, for a long time now, had a serious case of tech envy!

My property is some 3.5Km from teh exchange and the line stats were rather poor (55db attenuation)

this resulted in an ADSL speed of around 3M.

I looked at going with another well known cable company only to find out that the last node was 2 houses away and they couldn't do anything for me (despite this I still get letters from them regularly asking me to join! Like rubbing salt in the wound!)

Anyway, I am hoping to join internet Nirvana on Thursday and look forward to streaming as it is meant to be.

I currently have a Billion Bipac 7300N which I intend to use as a firewall in conjuction with the BT modem as it has served me well and has good WiFi range too.

It has one of the ethernet ports which can be switched to "EWAN" function.

Bye for now.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: New to infinity and cant wait!

Currently 3Mb then you should certainly notice the difference.

Hope all goes well for the install.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Good luck, I hope all goes well!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
machasm
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks guys.
I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday.
0 Ratings
nealfiona
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

POOR YOU 

I had it just over a week and its rubbish, slow and getting slower.

Bt coming out today between 8am / 1pm but nothing so far this is how BT is now SLOW SLOW SLOW

KEEP AWAY FROM INFINITY

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You're in the small minority Nealfiona, the vast majority of the hundreds of thousands of BT Infinity customers have no issues. You're experiencing a problem that BT are trying to solve. The engineer has called you which means he's been assigned the task. Traffic could be just one of the reasons he's delayed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
machasm
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Looking good enjoy 🙂
0 Ratings