cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New to internet, broadband and BT Sport - Whats required to watch on old CRT TV

Go to solution

Hi, I am writing on behalf of my 82 year old father who is keen to take up an offer from BT for "free broadband for a year". He is keen to have the internet for the first time and to watch BT Sport (well the football anyway).

He is an existing BT customer.

If I undrstand correctly to watch BT sport via BT broardband he will either have to watch it on his laptop or subscribe to BT TV and have a Youview box. Is this correct?

If he replaces his current Freeview box with the Youview box and I right in thinking that he will need to connect the BT Home Hub to the Youview box with an ethernet cable and then then connect the Youview box to the TV with a scart cable?

Lack of HD is not a problem as the sony trinitron is a monster of a TV but picture quality is well good enough for his 82 year eys.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: New to internet, broadband and BT Sport - Whats required to watch on old CRT TV

Go to solution

Yes you are correct. Perhaps this may help

Stew

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: New to internet, broadband and BT Sport - Whats required to watch on old CRT TV

Go to solution
Stew, thanks for confirming that I just need to confirm with BT about this free offer for broadband and how and we upgrade to BT TV with the Youview box.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Will it be normal BT Broadband (ADSL) or BT Infinity Broadband (VDSL - FTTC)?

BT do now offer the BT Sport channels on BT Youview+ boxes over normal ADSL broadband, but it is not available to every ADSL line. There are also a few VDSL Infinity lines that still can't receive BT Sport channels currently. You should check with BT first to confirm that the free BT Sport channels would be available on that line with that type of broadband. Make it clear that you are talking about on a BT Youview+ box (rather than just a PC, tablet or smartphone).

If you aren't getting a clear answer let us know and we can explain a bit more.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

How do you get the free broadband for a year offer?

NE

0 Ratings