cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fenw1x
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New user You View box picture and sound break up on SD channels

I have had BT TV installed for two days, along with a new connection of BT Infinity broadband

When using the Standard Definition channels the picture has a tendency to break up (pixellate and freeze in blocks), the screen can also go black for a second or so before returning

This only occurs in SD and not in HD

I removed the aerial from the box and returned it directly to the TV set and the picture was fine, no problems, so the problem doesn't appear to be with the signal from the aerial

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: New user You View box picture and sound break up on SD channels

Are you talking about Freeview TV reception (Channels 1 to 199) or BT TV channels (Channels 300 to 499)?

If it's the former, your aerial may have a problem or providing insufficient signal.

If it's the latter, how are you connecting your Youview box to the BT Home Hub?

PS Your Aerial has nothing to do with BT TV channels from 300 to 499. They come over the internet.

0 Ratings
fenw1x
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Its Freeview channels such as BBC1 and Sky news, only in standard definition, i.e. from channel 001 up

AsI mentioned when the aerial is connected directly to the back of the TV there is no problem, when the aerial is connected throught the youview box it miss fires. This suggests to me that the signal from the aerial is ok.

The diagnostics for channel strength had the signal at 60%, not sure how this rates?

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Stupid question where is your aerial? The box having two tuners needs to have better reception than an ordinary tv, 

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
fenw1x
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

The aerial is attached to the chimney stack at roof level, only glitches on standard definition freeview channels and only through the YouView box, the screen also go black for a second or two before restoring itself.

Generally the diagnostic facility says the majority of channels are 60% strength and 100% quality, apart from Sky News which comes in at 10% strength and 100% quality !

0 Ratings