cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New vs old Youview box picture

I am now in possession of a new and old youview box and have noticed that the new little box BT now supplies seems to deliver a less crystal clear picture than the older Humax branded youview box.

Anyone else notice this downgrade in service?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New vs old Youview box picture

I thought the picture on the new box was slightly sharper!

0 Ratings
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

@Travelstar wrote:
I am now in possession of a new and old youview box and have noticed that the new little box BT now supplies seems to deliver a less crystal clear picture than the older Humax branded youview box.

Anyone else notice this downgrade in service?

No. I have both the boxes and the new one produces pictures at least as good as the older box. 

0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Perhaps I have a dodgy box then....

I've also noticed that upon boot, my amp reports a comms failure which disappears once the boot sequence for the G4 box is complete. Anyone else see this too?
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Not noticed any difference ... I tend to use exclusively for the IPTV channels. If it's freeview channels that you notice differences then its quite normal for different tuners/TV combinations to have variances in sharpness etc...particularly when upscaling SD broadcasts

0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I agree that different combinations exhibit differences, but in my case it is not the up scaling side, but HD (1080p) broadcasts that I have noticed.
0 Ratings