cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Illustratedman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New webmail now effectiively duplicating inbox is confusing

Sorry, badly worded subject line, just not sure how to explain this simply.  My webmail has recently been switched to the new version from the classic.  I have always used Outlook to send and recieve emails as I hate webmail.  The old classic version was somehow setup so that if I read an email in Outlook it didn't subsequently appear in my webmail inbox - it knew that I'd already read and delt with it in Outlook.  Now, with this new version of the webmail I am recieving copies of emails in both my webmail and outlook inboxes, this is confusing and creates more work as I then have to go through the webmail deleting everything that I've already read.  How can I turn this off so that everything goes to Outlook and I don;t get copies of everything in webmail.  There doesn;t seem to be anything in the mail options - I note that Advanced options is not active, which must be something to do with me downgrading my acount recently from unlimited to the basic 10GB option 1.  Am I missing something blindingly obvious here, or is it that this new webmail just won't let me do what the old classic would?

cheers

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: New webmail now effectiively duplicating inbox is confusing

The upgrade obviously wouldn't change your Outlook settings, but it might be worth checking that it's not set to leave messages on the server. Stranger things have happened!

You're not the only one having problems with the new BT Yahoo! mail. They don't make it easy, but it is possible to revert if you get really fed up. There are some suggestions here: Recover Classic Mail.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Illustratedman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

You were absolutely right it was that simple, somehow in all those problems I had with email last week when I created a new accoutn I forgot to uncheck that.  Iam an idiot, you're a star.  Cheers mate

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

No problem. I wish I could guess lottery numbers that well.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.