cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Newly Connected - Already speed issues

Hi, c n p from the bt tester, so I think it would be that my IP profile is wound back to 6.9 and I am getting 5?

Can you now correct or do I have to wait?

thanks

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-6.19 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 6.19 Mbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 3.19 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 3.19Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Last Result: Download Speed: 5443 kbps (680.4 KB/sec )   Upload Speed: 2958 kbps (369.8 KB/sec )

Hi,
Used the tester as listed on the IP address thread.

Can someone please re-set my IP address as its holding my speed back, the fault is fixed, new servcice from pole to master socket.
thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

once your line is seen as stable the DLM will release your IP profile automatically BT Retail cannot reset the profile as they could with ADSL al you can do is wait i am afraid
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Thanks John, so basically, because there was a line fault, (on the bt asset) I now have to "wait" even though my contract is for Infinity speeds?

Can you please give me a timescale of when I will be back upto Infinity speeds in line with the T&C's of my contract so I at very least have a measure of when I need to contact BT ?

I must say I thought re-setting an IP should be a relatively simple process  for someone to do? Its now dropped to 5.61, simply not good enough when compared to the contract both parties committed too. I pay, BT provide.

Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 5 Mbps

0 Mbps5.61 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-5.61 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 5.61 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 2.62 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 2.62Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

0 Ratings