cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dizzyp12
Message 1 of 5

Newly built House needs connection

Hi All, 

I've had a newly built house right next to my existing house and I need a BT connection.

Who do I contact about getting this done?

Thanks In Advance

Dizzy

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Newly built House needs connection

Hi dizzyp12,

have a read of this page it tells you how to order:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9398/c/345,349,355

Enjoy your new house.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

BT are just a service provider, that link toekneem gave you is just to connect an 'exisiting' line, NOT for BT Retail to pay Openreach to install the line plant.

You said your new house is built right next to your exisiting one, is your old one supplied by an overhead pole or underground feed?

If it is overhead you will probably be alright because it may just be a case of running a new drop wire from the pole to your new house. If it is underground then it will get expensive because Openreach will have to run new duct and cable from the nearest underground distribution point.

This link might be helpful and the other links on that site;

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/our-network/who-are-you/self-build-conversions.aspx

Highlighted
dizzyp12
Message 4 of 5

They're Underground, I'm digging a trench from the new house to the end of my drive way for Water and Electrics to be put in, I was hoping I could lay a pipe with a cable in, so all BT have to do is fix the connection at the house and from the end of the drive way. 

If I could do this it would reduce my costs, I just need to know BT's specification for wiring is?  

I'm still in the process of registering the house with the Authorities to get it a postcode and number so if I can find out the wiring specs, I could lay that and then get a quote of Openreach. 

Thank You

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Hi

You could try checking this website here it is for BT openreach newsites, they may be able to arrange the delivery of some duct that you can run up your driveway.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings