cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philhughes83
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Newport Suvoy Exchange doesn't support BT sport

I ordered BT TV after receiving an email stating that it would now cost £5 per month for the BT sport pack unless you signed up for BT TV which it was free with. After setting up the youview box and trying to view the BT sport channels it takes me to a page saying that I need to subscribe. When chatting to BT they told me that my exchange does not support BT sport. I have now checked my exchange which is Newport Suvoy which supplies nearly 21000 households. I find it hard to believe I am being told the truth. I have no faith left in BT as it took them 3 months to connect me after about 20 odd phone calls. I can't be bothered to go though the same hassle again to try and sort this out. If anyone from BT reading this knows what they are doing it would be nice if you can help me.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Newport Suvoy Exchange doesn't support BT sport

BT TV channels are delivered over the internet to Youview/BT Vision boxes using multicast - so effectively the Exchange and the local cabinet that your line is connected to need to have this capability.

may be worth using

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

and post back the results - making sure you remove the telephone number from the posting

0 Ratings
Philhughes83
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I did try this but it didn't recognise my telephone number and the post code provided this little bit of information. I live on a new Redrow estate which may have something to do with it.

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

I've refered thread to the moderators as its possible that your new location/tel numbers may if they are not included in the data that BT  systems check may be resulting in the systems indicating that the services cannot be provided

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 6

Hi Philhughes83,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the probems you're having watching BT Sport since moving over to BT TV.  I'll be happy to help you with this from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Philhughes83
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

As expected this has not been resolved. All I get is we can't help you as you are on fttp. Please call this number, no thank you.
0 Ratings