Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 7

Next Gen YouView

Good Afternoon chaps,

As you will have probably seen the roll-out for the next Gen YouView software for BT customers has commenced.  Last night we started targeting the PVR boxes while continueing with the Zapper box.

I appreciate that there are some design changes included which have not gone down well, namely the changes to the recording views and navigation.  Thankfully YouView have commented on this with a post on their community and are actively seeking feedback with a view to make changes in the future.

The roll-out, as always, is a staggered roll-out but would any of you be interested in getting the new software straight away?

I am attending daily calls with the TV team about the rollout and this is something I could arrange if you guys wanted?

Cheers

Sean 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Next Gen YouView

@SeanD  just to  mention that at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40460/~/youview-from-bt-user-guide

there are now options for next gen versions of the user guides for those BT Youview boxes which i believe are currently supplied to new customers. So for example the oldest  DTR1000 equivalent box does not have a new next gen version as presumaby it is not for new supply.

Note that these next gen userguides do imply  more user options for My TV recordings than are offered by this initial Youview Next Gen release.

Specifically the guide states  (eg p14 of Ultra box & DTR2100 guide)

You can order the list of recordings by date or alphabetically.

The guides do contain some very useful information about the new menu and player pages.

I would recommend reading the new userguide-  the other recommendation i would give is to set your Recording preferences to have Confirm Delete set to On. That will ensure that get a clear warning if you attempt to Delete the Whole Series  in the My Tv Recordings area.

One feature i recommend you try out is as an alternative to the normal full Guide option is to use the Now&Next (p10 of the new guides)

watch a live channel as normal

press the > right button to get Now&Next  for your current channel.

the up&down keys will show you the Now&Next for the next channels in sequence but you can also type in a channel number and you will see the Now&next for that channel. Suffice to say you can set reminders and recordings that way.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@SeanD wrote:

Good Afternoon chaps,

As you will have probably seen the roll-out for the next Gen YouView software for BT customers has commenced.  Last night we started targeting the PVR boxes while continueing with the Zapper box.

I appreciate that there are some design changes included which have not gone down well, namely the changes to the recording views and navigation.  Thankfully YouView have commented on this with a post on their community and are actively seeking feedback with a view to make changes in the future.

The roll-out, as always, is a staggered roll-out but would any of you be interested in getting the new software straight away?

I am attending daily calls with the TV team about the rollout and this is something I could arrange if you guys wanted?

Cheers

Sean 

A light hearted digression, perhaps.

We can only receive tranmissions from a freeview "Lite" mast, and an amplifier is needed to boost the signal.

That's 19 Freeview Channels

6 Freeview HD Channels

16 Radio Channels

1 Movie Channel Plus a few minor extras.

There's not much point in signing up for BT TV.

Today's email from BT Sales says it's my last chance!

Stick to Freesat, although soon my TV licence will be free Smiley LOL (shhhh). So perhaps I could go to Sky with the savings:- there'll be many unwanted phone calls from them, junk surface mail, special trial offers, demands to change the set top box card etc.....

And even then there's talk of the tax man reintroducing a licence fee of some sort!

You can't win!

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Looking at

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions

It would appear that the rollout of initial next gen updates has completed for the BT supplied Youview boxes to BT TV customers.

is that the case ?

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 7

Hi @zulu17,

Sorry for the delay in confirming I have been out of the office.

To my knowledge the answer is Yes the initial next gen software has been deployed to all BT YouView customers.  I will double check this with the product team and confirm.

Cheers

Sean 

zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

With the move to next gen the current BTCare YouTube  videos do need updating or replacement

https://m.youtube.com/user/BTCare

I suspect other non non Youview videos are also in need of review.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 7

Hi @zulu17 we'll feed that back. 

0 Ratings