cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Next Premier League fixture dates?

BT Sport are currently advertising their Premier League fixtures up to 01/12/13 - does anyone know when they'll release fixtures beyond that?

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 24

Re: Next Premier League fixture dates?

I don't know ... but the last two years the December/January live games havre been announced at the end of the first week in October.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Thanks zulu17 - I was wondering if they would follow the precedent of the last few years or maybe announce sooner.

Any idea if BT will have more dates around Xmas, or still only Saturdays 12.45pm?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 24

I thought they are entitled to games on Boxing Day and New Years day as there are I think full sets of fixtures on those days.

Then of course the 3rd round of the FA cup is first weekend in January.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 24

Most (28) of BT's live PL games are Saturday lunchtime. The other 10 are bank holidays and midweek evenings, but I've not seen anything concrete yet.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 24

well there is one game moved from Sat to Sunday

Sunday December 1: Tottenham v Manchester United - 12:00pm

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 24

What I don't quite understand is why no game is scheduled for coverage  on 9th November.

Sky have 4 games that weekend ( one sat evening , 3 on Sunday)  but BT none !

I guess it could be because its the FA Cup Round 1 which ESPNM  (BT) cover - but I would have thought BTwould have retained their Premier League game unless they have done a trade with Sky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

The Spurs v Man Utd game has been moved as Spurs are playing in the Europa League the previous Thursday and need an extra day's rest.

I wonder when BT will start putting on midweek evening games - I know there's midweek fixtures due in December and January...

I'm not sure how it's going for BT from a commercial POV but I think their decision to leave some of the first choice picks to later in the season may be a good decision considering how interesting this season has started.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 24

The first midweek round of premier matches should be he first week of December - currently a full set are games are scheduled for midweek 3/4 december. Problem is 4 premier games are scheduled on Sunday 1st which means 8 premier teams will not want to play their next match on the monday/tuesday that week - so virtually certain that Palace V West Ham will be a live match for either Sky or BT that week.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

So we're to assume that both Sky and BT will show a game w/c Mon 2nd Dec? Possibly Sky on the Monday and BT on the Tues/Wed? Or do Sky get 2 games in that week?

0 Ratings