Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 29

Re: Nightmare Switching from Sky to BT

Go to solution

Hi Guys

I placed a fresh order on Tuesday evening and received an installation date of the 24 January.  All appeared to have been processed ok, I received all the confirmaton emails and the line rental pre-payment has been taken from my account.  However when I try to track the order I receive the following message "Sorry, something's gone wrong.  Please try again or come back later" I contacted on-line chat yesterday afternoon and they said everthing is still on track, but given my past experience I am doubtful.  Would you be able to check?

I am also concerned that BT Sport, on BT TV is still active on the order plaed on the 7th October, would you be able to check as I don't want to receive a bill for this or incur any cancellation charges.

Many Thanks for all your help so far!

D

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @abbey15 I have had a look at the order and the request to transfer the line over to us has been made to your current supplier and once we hear back on this then the order will continue to progress as normal. Keep an eye on your order online and this should be through in the next few days.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks John much appreciated

Fingers Crossed!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

Hi Guys

I got a message from BT yesterday to say that my order was going to be installed on the 30 January (broadband on 31 January) also there is now a different order number.  I'm still not getting any online tracking information, but this looks suspiciously like my earlier experieinces when the orders were eventually cancelled.

Can you see if it still looks ok at your end - I can't face speaking to one of the overseas agents who will deploy the scripted lines!

Thanks in anticipation

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

hi guys

I'm still not able to get tracking infomation, can you check if everything is still in place for install on Monday?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @abbey15,

@JohnC2 will be in the office later today. I'll let him know that you were in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

HI Guys

Here we go again!

The Ombudsman and Openreach have advised that the address is correct and that there should be no barrier to me switching.  To avoid any further distress, cost and cancelled orders can you have a look from your side to see if this actually the case - has the plot number been removed and street name been updated?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @abbey15 Hopefully all is sorted now and I'll be happy to check. I can't find your details so please drop them over with your phone number and I will get it checked for you.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

Hi, I sent the details through yesterday evening, hopefully they got to you ok

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

@abbey15

@JohnC2 has picked up your case again and he will be in touch tomorrow with an update. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings