Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

No Access to Mail or My BT for over a month

Go to solution

I need a problem rectifying. I have not been able to access My BT or my email account for over a month. BT has accepted it is their problem. I have not received any communication about not being able to log on to My BT or my email since a gentleman left a voice mail on my mobile and also spoke to my husband to say that BT were very sorry and were working very hard to rectify their fault. This is some weeks ago. I asked for an update a week ago and have received no response. The website is designed to make contacting BT as difficult as possible and when you do access the form it refuses to send claiming you have not filled in parts of it which you quite clearly have; deleting and refilling those parts makes no difference at all. I do not want a phone call from a technician who is convinced I know nothing about my own computer or how to log on; I want BT to solve the problem and let me know I can use the system again. I can't even log on to my account to see how much I have been charged for the privilege of having intermittent broadband and no email for the last month. Am I entitled to be annoyed or am I mistaken?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: No Access to Mail or My BT for over a month

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi jeniT,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry for the problems you're having logging into your MyBT & email account.  You're entitled to be annoyed and are definitely not mistaken!

No need to worry as I'll be happy to pick this up from here and get you sorted out.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I have followed the link (albeit 10 days after my original post) to find another form to fill in identical to the forms that kept deleting my original request. Guess what? - the form is deleting my typing and therefore cannot be sent as the boxes with must coplete stars contain nothing.

Just for the record I still cannot log onto My BT or my email account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Why is it when BT have accepted that the problem is theirs (over a month ago) and have told both my husband and I that they are working on it nothing has happened? In fact we have had no communication with BT since those phone calls 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Oh whoopee the form I have been directed to (identical to the two I have already filled in requesting help last month) has allowed me to request help today - I don't know why this feels like an achievement as neither of my previous requests have come to anything in fact the one on the 11th May hasn't even been responded to. Great stuff BT!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi JenIT,

Thanks for posting back and sending over your details.

I've checked our email queue and we have received your details so thanks again.  Once you reach the top of the queue one of the mods will be in touch to help.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I've received a voicemail to say I can now log onto My BT as it has been re-set up and the new password has been sent to my email account WHICH I CAN'T LOG INTO - please see previous correspondence

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi JenIT,

Thanks for posting back.

Sorry you're having problems accessing your email address.  Can you try resetting it yourself online here? - I've forgotten my BT email password

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I have not forgotten my email password. When we first contacted BT they tried to reset it, apologised, said it was their problem and they would try to fix it. That is the last I heard until in desperation I tried this forum. It doesn't seem to be getting me very far. I now have 3 reference numbers - the original and two follow up ones. If the 'new' password was sent to the email address I use for the contact on this forum NOT my inaccessible BT email I may get a bit further. Maybe. Possibly.

0 Ratings