Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 53

Re: No BT Infinity Dunfermline Duloch Area

I live in Mallard Grove in Duloch and have just put my details into 

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address

and have came back with the following:

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 51.7 Mbps and upstream line speed of 13.2 Mbps."

I tried a few other addresses around the Tescos side of Duloch and get the same repsonse but with slightly different speeds.

Does this mean that there is a good chance that the rest of Duloch will finally get Infinity by the end of the year or are these details to be taken with a pinch of salt?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 53

It is looking hopeful that your cabinet should go live soon but please remember these dates are subject to change
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 53

Thanks John.

I am actually just glad to have a date showing on their checker now.  I can wait.

I was fearing that some parts of Duloch which are less populated due to the large park area might get the "not financially viable" reason for their cabinet not being upgraded.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 53

Also I found this google map that someone is updating to give the other people in Duloch (and the rest of Dunfermline) some info on where their cabinet is.  My cabinet (PCP 86 Greenshank Drive) actually has some comments against it.

Dunfermline Cabinet Map

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 53

Says that paint on the pavement to show were the cab is going it could be in a later on phase as seen similar in Galashiels.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 53

I have another question. I noticed on the roadworksscotland website that there are works scheduled by BT at 2 cabinets next to mine for this month. If it turns out that they are upgrading those cabinets what's the likelyhood that they'll finish the other ones in the area that are also on phase 9b or do BT just dart around the country randomly?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 53

Thought I'd share a reply I received today to an e-mail I sent to Openreach:

"Thank you for your email

Information about the commercial fibre project can be found on the rollout site :-
          http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

In your locality work is ongoing. Currently this is awaiting power and other works. The estimated date for Dunfermline cabinet 86 enablement is close March 2013 assuming there are no major issues.

Your Communications Provider (CP) is responsible for all aspects of your service including advising on the services they can supply at your address. Please contact your CP to register your interest so they are aware and can contact you at such time in the future as they have additional information."

So I guess what people were saying about the Dec 12 date getting put back is correct but hopefully it looks positive for getting FTTC within the next 6 months.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 53

just keep checking i know someone who was told a similar thing and it went live within a few weeks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 53

A new fibre cabinet was put in up the road from me yesterday on Greenshanks Drive and when checking the roadworks scotland website it looks like my cabinet next to tesco is scheduled for the end of December.  Looks like March 13 is going to be a fair estimate for the rest of Duloch.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 53

I've been lurking around here keeping my eye on the updates for a while so thought I should post one of my own.

My local cabinet (PCP 91) on Sandpiper Drive has now also been replaced, or at least a new one installed next to the existing one, but like mentioned in previous posts, BT are now showing my earliest date from 31st March after being at 31 December before Christmas.

I can only hope that it does mean it is imminent and will happen before then but I haven’t seen any work being completed on the cabinet during this month which for now doesn’t bode well.

Anyway, even if it is another 2 months, I have to keep telling myself I’ve put up with less than 1.0 meg for 4 years, what’s another two months!
0 Ratings