cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

No BT Master Socket

Hi all,

Not sure if this is in the right place so apologies if it's not.

I live in a relatively new build block of flats and have been looking for a BT master socket. There doesn't appear to be one so was wondering if this is common? Also, is it possible to get on fitted by BT.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: No BT Master Socket

Its Openreach not BT who deal with these issues. How many phone sockets have you got?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

There's four phone sockets.

I've just been given advice to attach microfilters to every socket, although I always thought that this wasn't necessary...

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

you do indeed need to fit microfilters to each socket, otherwise it can cause interference on the line if you try and use the phone. 

The socket only needs a microfilter if it has a phone connected to it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Yes that's what I thought. There's nothing connected to the other sockets so I thought there was no need for microfilters to be plugged into them. 

thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Hi

There would be a master socket somewhere in the premises, have you maybe asked a neighbour if they are aware of the location of there's?

How old is the flat, if it is less than about 20yrs old there should be one in the premises like this:

NTE5_BT_front_small.jpg have you checked cupboards, hallway, behind TV?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Just because its a new(ish) flat doesn't mean there will be an NTE5a in there. When a developer builds a new estate or in this case a block of flats they will usually pay Openreach to do some much of the work and will do the rest (to Openreach specifications) themselves with the agreement that Openreach will will maintain it once its complete. A bit like the local authority taking over the maintenance of the road and foot paths on the new estate.

Any, best guess is the developer paid Openreach to install up to the Distribution Point and from there the developer had installed its own internal cabling and LJU's. I see it on a weekly basis, 99 times out of 100 as well not a single one of those LJU's will have a capacitor in it either.

0 Ratings