cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

No Bradband/ Phone

Recenctly switched from Virgin to BT for cost reasons. Thought it was a good deal..
Service meant to start 3rd April. Didnt actually get Broadband running until May 2nd.....!
Been running OK for a couple of weeks then wednesday....no internet or phone. Call to support established it was a BT side fault. Repair promissed in 24 hours. Friday morning still no line. Called again. Repair by end of Saturday. Today (sunday) still no service. Repair between 8 and 1pm tomorrow (monday). We'll see but i'm running out of patience.
Getting more than a little annoyed now. Wish i'd staid with Virgin.
Clearly waisting my time ringing BT support as the repair information they give out is clearly a figment of someone's imagination. If I was in the middle of nowhere.....but Surrey? Does it really take this long?

So at what point do I call up Virgin?

Anyone getting the same service as me?
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: No Bradband/ Phone

Openreach repair times are 3 working days after the fault is reported you will not get a repair on a Sunday
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

@john46 wrote:
Openreach repair times are 3 working days after the fault is reported you will not get a repair on a Sunday

@john46

That changed last June.

See this post https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Landline-and-Broadboand-Out-for-8-days/m-p/1748259#M55034 and my post after it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Ok thanks Keith had not seen that before
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Well the good news is it's finally working again.

As of about 10am this morning Monday.  Reported last Wenesday (17th May) so no phone line or Broadband for 5 days.... definately nowhere near a 24 hour response time even allowing for business days!!

Still I've now had a service for 18 days ...since the 4 April so thats about 50% uptime since the first day of installation.

(Notice I am being optimistic ....I could have said 50% downtime).

Let's hope things improve from now on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

No it's not....5 working days is the message from customer support

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 14

Hi @ntom and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with your services. Is this being case managed for you? Have you been promised a call back with updates?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Well I hope it's being managed ...I've called the support centre though I've yet to get closer to a solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Interesting that my updated post indicating new problems last week has been removed from the thread....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

So to re-cap:

Last Thursday I noticed my broadband speed had dropped away & I kep getting the router message that there was no internet.

I checked broadband on Speedtest.net.....   2Mbps

I called BT support on Friday..... & (to cut a very long story short) we eventually agreed there was BT side fault (again).

Engineer response promised in 5 working days..... i.e. a week!

0 Ratings