cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

No Broadband, No Customer Service, No Complaints procedure - Nightmare!

We lost broadband and line connection over a week ago. Since then myself and my husband have spent / wasted hours on the phone - to India where we have been made to repeat the same information ad infinitude. Despite talking to someone for over an hour about our lack of broadband - when we asked for a contact number in customer services we were told BT don't have a customer service department and we could "go on the website" to check how to complain ! We would live to do this but we can't get on a website if have no broadband!
We have had an engineer who fixed the phone line and then shrugged and told us "broadband's not really my thing" leaving us unconnected and facing two more hour long and useless conversations to India.

I have no faith in BT resolving our problem I now simply want to find out how to make a complaint and how to terminate our contract - without ringing India! We have lost valuable work time due to this problem and cannot continue to stay with a provider who cannot "provide". We will bear eking to be refunded for this months bill as we have not had any service from BT.

Any advice from anyone who has successfully found a complaints procedure or a contact number or address in The UK would be much appreciated . We just want this nightmare over and to be able to work uninterrupted with Internet provided by a company who values customer service.

Thank you
0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: No Broadband, No Customer Service, No Complaints procedure - Nightmare!

Can i ask if you have tried the test socket now your phone connection is working ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 29

It is a problem outside of our property - the broadband connection is going into someone else's property. The BT engineer fixed the home phone line and actually made the broadband situation worse by some Mis matched wiring. Thanks for your suggestion though
0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 29

And yes we've gone through various try this / try that approaches every time we've rung up none of which will work because the fault it not on our property!
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 29

I must be missing something - if your phoneline is now fixed and your phone is now working without any noise problems then i don't understand how your broadband now does not work can you explain your comment 'the It is a problem outside of our property - the broadband connection is going into someone else's property. '

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

The wires are not connected properly - the issue lies with cross jumping issues caused by engineer when working in green cabinet - situated away from property.
Whatever the issue I find it amazing that BT claim not to have a customer service department or a complaints procedure. We rely heavily on the Internet and didn't mind paying a high ish price for a reliable service - how wrong we have been.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

If you try the quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 do you hear your own phone number and if so is line quiet no hiss/ crackle suggesting line is now ok?

0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

There is no problem with the landline. We simply have no broadband connection.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 29

If you connect your hub direct via a filter to the test socket not master socket what colour is the broadband light on the hub

0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

Orange - and we have gone through these tests on three occasions as it seems to be the only thing the call centre staff can suggest doing
0 Ratings