cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 29

Re: No Broadband, No Customer Service, No Complaints procedure - Nightmare!

if your voice line is ok then the problem is exchange based certainly nothing to do with jumpering in the cabinet unless you are an infinity user
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 29

as your hub is showing orange then broadband is not activated at the exchange
0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

I'm not sure how being given a different opinion as to what has caused the problem is helpful. The reality is - we have no broadband, we have. Had no broadband for over a week, the deadline BT have us for fixing the problem has been and gone and we cannot contact anyone in customer services or complaints. I do not have hours to spend on the phone I either want an engineer out- preferably one who doesn't say "broadband's not really my thing" or for BT to admit they can't provide a service and give me clear advice on how to complain and terminate my contract. By far the worst customer service I have ever received.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 29

Now we seem to ave identified problem is likely to be t exchange now when mods read this thread they will be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Well that would be nice. Still not sure why after a week of telephone conversations no one came up with this suggestion though? I still find it deplorable that there is no customer service department or complaints department. We simply can't risk going through this again - the first thing to do if we do get connected will be to research Internet providers with a history of good customer service and a reliable time to come out and deal with problems - and then leave BT as quickly as possible.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 29

Unless you move to a cable provider then regardless which ISP you choose it will still be openreach who come to fix your phone and or broadband. It may even be the same engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 29

i cannot understand you being told there is no customer service department as there is a broadband help line on 08001114567
but as imjolly has posted the forum mods will get involved with your case and take personal ownership of it until resolved also giving you a single UK based point of contact
0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 29

I'm sure other companies have a customer service department and a clear complaints procedure - fascinating that you haven't been able to give me details of either.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 29

and there is the route to the complaints procedure https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact
0 Ratings
Vintagemum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 29

Sorry our posts crossed - however the link to the Indian call centre is not really what I need after a week of wasting time on the phone to them - also I thought companies had to provide an easily accessible and clear complaints procedure ?
0 Ratings