cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venerabledom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: No Broadband after switch over - 1 week wait!!?!???

Thanks Paddy, I have submitted the contact form. Inquiry ref - 160906-******

0 Ratings
premjithayer
Beginner
Message 12 of 24

BT have messedup my move as well. I was moving to different property so I request for broadband and phone move. Line was disconnected on 26th August and promised that it will be activated at new property on 29th of August. But I am still without broadband. Few days ago phone was installed but broadband is completly removed from my account. 

Now at BT no one is taking any actions. Called them for hundreds or minutes and yesterday someone told me that order is placed under fast-track and someone will contact me with in 24 hours. It is over 24 hours now still no contact. 

Since request for move, I got hell lot of call from Indian call center to confirm my order and a text message each time they called. I never understood what was the point of those calls. Seems like whole BT staff is ofshore and on phone calls, no one is working on ground. Really a bad experience. I have experienced the move with Sky and Virgin in past and it was seamless. BT seems to be worst.

Our mobile data limits are over and we will be charged a lot of that. Also I have spent a lot on calls to BT.

0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

You might want to create your own thread if you want assistance.

But - the experience you have had aligns with the stats.  BT are really poor, bottom of the tables for dealing with customers and messing stuff up is kind of their speciality.  This isn't me being grumpy (for once)...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/12105305/BT-to-c...

In terms of temporary connectivity, did you see my last reponse - you have access to BT Wifi if any are in range of you.

EDIT:

Interesting as that article was - here is the one I meant to link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/08/bt-and-ee-ranked-worst-for-broadband-customer-service...

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
venerabledom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Thanks Kinthos, I am going to try that for sure when I get home - from the find a hotspot link it looks good in my area so maybe I'll be able to get something going - I just need my account login details right?

0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Yep the same login that works on the MyBT portal I'm pretty sure!

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
venerabledom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

I was able to login on a few devices, not iphones though.  The speed reminded me of the dial up days, I was half expecting to have to use Alta Vista for any web searches.......

0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

yeh. you have to hope your neighbours are well connected. Otherwise, you will get a slither of their poor connection! I'm fortunate that my neighbour has got Fibre so I can get a decent connection. I use this for any downloads as I get 4-5x the rate of my poor ADSL on my PC. Surprisingly the upload is 6-7MB too!
--
venerabledom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

While I'm waiting for Fibre, why can't BT just connect me to standard Broadband?

0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Well that is what happened for me but you have to ask for them to do that.

I'm pretty sure that the Fibre order will need to be cancelled (if it isn't already) and a broadband order done instead.

Have you got an open complaint on this yet? Or have mods contacted you direct yet? Otherwise no-one is working your case yet.
--
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

@kinthos

The posters problem is now in the mods mail queue and they should reply to him  within 3/5 working days

0 Ratings