cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fundog67
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

No Broadband and phone line down.

So my Infinity was getting installed today and i was hoping to come on and lay a little praise on BT. Engineer turned up nice and early (my daughter was at home as i was working) and did all the connections etc in the house, he then left to do the connections at the cabinet, a short while later he returns tells my daughter there is a fault in the cabinet and openreach will need to do repairs first, ( this is a brand new cabinet only started accepting orders last week).

He then says i need to put you back on the old line, takes the new stuff out puts the old stuff in and leaves doesnt even bother to check if its working, Now i am left with no phone no Infinity and probly no hope of resolving it soon, i have been on hold at work for 30 minutes and had to give up ( tried this twice ), tried the chat and couldnt connect, requested the ring back within the hour and 90 minutes later still nothing,,

Fed up and to be honest probly gonna cancel the lot now as i just knew this would happen, if any mods can help me out i would appriciate it ..i need my phone and internet for work so being left for any amount of time will cost me money...

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: No Broadband and phone line down.

Hi fundog67,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Hi David and thanks for looking at this. Have sent you an email.. I only have my mobile at home and connection isn't very good so if i have missed anything on the form will you let me know. Thanks again.. Jim.
0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Girl in the next street up from ne now has my landline number.. Hope this gets resolved soon..
0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

David could you get someone to call me on the mobile no i gave on the email.. I have now requested 3 ringbacks from BT and got nothing..i am unable to get any work completed here without my phone and internet. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Hi fundog67,

Thanks for posting. We don't have an email from the address you've registered in your profile. Can you try sending it again using those details so we can track it?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

David, managed to get through to faults, Engineer is booked for Wednesday, not ideal but no real choice, if i dont get the problem resolved i will get back to you unless you want me to forward it on anyway,Guy on the phone Promised the engineer would fix my phone and infinity would be installed as well, realised i used the wrong email after you replied, can only really email from work as phone connection is too slow.

Thanks again.

Jim

0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Got a txt from BT this morning saying the engineer was booked for wednesday but it looked like a fault with my internal equipment, this was the n followed by a call from a nice young lady from Newcastle , she basically explained the same as the txt and said if it was my equipment i would be charged, i again explained that i didnt have a phone working and when you dial my house number the girl in the next street would answer.

She then tells me my infinity would not be installed due to adverse weather and flooding in my area ???????? i have no flooding or adverse weather so where are the engineers getting this from ? i live in the west of scotland we didnt get any flooding..

Does anyone think the engineer coming to fix my phone line willl also be able to sort my infinity out ??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 15

No.

I suggest you get back to the Mods about this.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
ChrisbLUFC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

@fundog67 wrote:

Got a txt from BT this morning saying the engineer was booked for wednesday but it looked like a fault with my internal equipment, this was the n followed by a call from a nice young lady from Newcastle , she basically explained the same as the txt and said if it was my equipment i would be charged, i again explained that i didnt have a phone working and when you dial my house number the girl in the next street would answer.

She then tells me my infinity would not be installed due to adverse weather and flooding in my area ???????? i have no flooding or adverse weather so where are the engineers getting this from ? i live in the west of scotland we didnt get any flooding..

Does anyone think the engineer coming to fix my phone line willl also be able to sort my infinity out ??

Wow! I've a very similar problem as you (infinity just started accepting orders to my area) where cabinet wasnt setup correctly and needs openreach to cable it up properly.. although my phoneline wasn't messed around with!

I got told when an engineer didnt turn up last week that due to adverse weather the engineer found faults at the exchange that needed more engineers to work on and resolve before being able to look at my issue....!!! I live near the exchange, passed it several times over the day or two from my phone call.. no one working on it. It seems that they are using this as an excuse to why their engineers are not coming out.

It is really frustrating that they are probably well over streched with minimal resources yet are the only ones that can fix our issues. It's a joke that where the whole cabinet was not setup correctly in the first place that orders were even taken.

I don't know about you but i feel like a gineue pig!

0 Ratings