cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fundog67
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: No Broadband and phone line down.

Original engineer was a contractor from Quinn, i dont know if there are faults in the cabinet but i know my exchange and my cabinet didnt suffer from flooding,David the Mod who is looking at this called me today so hopefully i will get everything resolved , I Know there are areas in England and Wales with bad flooding and Bt are stretched there but the weather in Scotland is the same all year round, wind and rain Smiley Tongue

Fingers crossed tomorrows engineer will be helpfull and not a little grump like the last one Quinn's sent out..

0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

ok quick update, since engineer came out and repaired my phone line my adsl speed has plummeted, FTTC is due to go in this coming friday and  now the wholesale checker is showing a lower speed than before my line was messed up, before all this started it was showing a top speed of 74 MB down now it is showing 69MB down,

My ADSL for the moment has dropped from 6MB down to around 3MB, any ideas as too why this has happened ? i know 4 MB doesnt seem alot but if i am paying for it i want the top speed available..

0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Also on a side note, when the first engineer messed my line up and gave it to my neighbour i just recieved a bill for an extra £16 due to calls they made on it...

0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

ok so the engineer turned today and installed my infinity, said he had done the cabinet side before he came so just had to put the box in and that would be me,, he installed the box hooked up the HH5 done a quick test and left,,

Problem is i should be getting between 54-70 down and 15-19 up but after a dozen spped tests on different sites the fastest i can get is 22 down and 9 up,, i know there is a settling in period but should it be as low as this straight off the bat ?

0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

When i run the wholesale test these are the results i get.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 25 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 54.26 Mbps-67.82 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 67.82 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.75Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

any ideas what i should do next ?

0 Ratings