Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 49

No Broadband connection

Hi Guys,

After a reasonably good peroid I lost my Broadband connection at about 07:30 this morning.

Rang BT and they confirmed there is a fault which would be repaired within 48 hours.

When no connection was restored by 14:30 I decided to move to my daughter's, which is where I am posting this from.

I have just checked the fault progress and it states :-

Progress

[Alt Txt]

Thu 7 May 08:05

Clear request

We think your fault is now fixed

[Alt Txt]

Tue 12 May 17:00

Estimated repair date

We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown. We apologise if this is outside of expected 3 days from the fault being reported.

[Alt Txt]

Your fault should now be fixed

Further diagnostic investigations are currently taking place. We will contact you as soon as possible to advise of progress.

Clearly the fault was not repaired by 08:05 !!

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 49

Re: No Broadband connection

Hi imjolly,

Just got off the phone to BT and they are claiming the faukt was fixed at 08:05, which it clearly was not.

The Indian gentleman wanted to run tests with me at home but I explained for the third time that I had to move out in order to get a connection.

After some disagreement we eventually agreed a compromise that I would return home in time for a call back between 10:00 & 11:00.  Should the problem not be fixed, as he claimed, then BT would pay my travelling expenses.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 49

I hope it is fixed and it does not come to you trying to claim travelling expenses - bad for blood pressureSmiley LOL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 49

Hi imjolly,

Having agreed a compromise of a phone call to my house between 10:00 & 11:00 I returned home at 09:30.

Checked the hub and the broadband light was still a solid orange.  So yesterday's promise that the line was fived was untrue.

At about 10:30 I got a text message to say they would ring between 10:40 & 12:40

I eventually received a call just before 12:00 with the indian gentleman again asserting that the fault was fixed but it was still solid orange.

The conversation went similar to yesterday's with him promising a call back in two hours by which time I would be back at my daughter's in order to get an internet connection.

I stressed to the gentleman that any further assertion that the fault was fixed and I return home and find it not f

I get no phone call but a text message

I lost connection here and have to go now and have not got time to post the rest of the saved massge.

I know there is nothing you can do but I wanted the situation on record in case I need mod help to get BT to pay my expenses if they decide to back out of that promise.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 49

so far they way you are being treated is no surprise Smiley Mad

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 49

Hi imjolly

The issue rubbles on, as you said no surprise there really.

I never got the promised call back yesterday.  Instead I got a text saying he would ring between 12:00 & 14:00 today.

He did ring but my wife was unable to understand what he was saying and asked hime ti ring back in 10 minutes.

Surprise, surprise, no call back but another text saying he would ring between 13:30 & 15:30 tomorrow.

So another day away from home not knowing if the fault is fixed or not.

I will try ringing BT but will not hold this reply open, and end up getting cut off like yesterday, but post a new message.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 49

Eventually got through to India at about 14:35.  He asked me to hold but said it would take 15-20 minutes to chack so agreed to call be back.

My fault summary is still reading as follows :-

Progress

[Alt Txt]

Thu 7 May 08:05

Clear request

We think your fault is now fixed

[Alt Txt]

Tue 12 May 17:00

Estimated repair date

We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown. We apologise if this is outside of expected 3 days from the fault being reported.

[Alt Txt]

Your fault should now be fixed

Further diagnostic investigations are currently taking place. We will contact you as soon as possible to advise of progress.

As you can see there is not option to mark as UNFIXED !!
Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 49

Hi imjolly,

I'm please to say that I took a chance and went home and found I had a Broadband connection, so at last one true statement from BT.  Rather bizarrely, I have just received one of their landline messages to say they are going to ring me between 12:00 & 14:00 on 9th May.  Maybe BT have acquired a TARDIS from Dr Who Smiley Happy.

The connection is slow and I did have one drop out this morning, so I will try a restart at ~12:00.

Wish me luck with the travalling expenses, at least there is only one lot now it is working.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 49

I hope you get back to the stable connection your had

good luck with your expenses claim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 49

Good morning imjolly,

Well I never did get a call back from my Indian gentleman at any of the various times they texted and voicetexted that they would.  I guess this will only make getting my expenses claim settled even harder as I have no name and no way for me to contact him/BT direct will just have to ring 151.

I never got to try a restart at midday yesterday as we went to watch my Grandson play football and id not get back home until about 22:30.  I checked by stats earlier this morning, the speed was slow and the errors were very high considering negligible usage yesterday.  Therefore decided to try CL Keith's recommendation of a 09:00 restart.  The results are posed below, I just hope they hold up as they have done for several months prior to the fault.

ADSL Line Status 
Line state:Connectedppp0_0
Connection time:0 days, 00:04:00
Downstream:2.835 Mbps
Upstream:795.4 Kbps

VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.3 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.4 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):56.0 dB / 33.6 dB
Output power (Down/Up):17.5 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):74 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):0 / 32
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 9
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0

As I have read for amny others, but not normally for me, the BT speed test failed 4 times, viz :-

BT SPEED FAIL.JPG

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings