cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionafish
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

No Broadband since 15th July

Can someone help me in finding out how to escalate a fault within BT. Our broadband went down on evening of 15/7/12 and after more than a week of nothing being done (other than status changing to your problem has been fixed on the fault tracking service) an engineer arrived today. He tells me that the reason we have no service is because the line is awaiting regrade and he should never have been sent. I rang BT again and they said the work to regrade the line was ordered on 18th July and will be completed on 1st August. If it is completed on 1st August we will have been without service for 17 days.

There are so many failed promises - call backs never come etc that I have so little faith in what I am being told. What I need to know is does this sound like a plausible explanation (bearing in mind on our street of 60 houses only myself and my next door neighbour are affected - other BT BB customers are working OK) and if it does how can I escalate it to get the timescales brought forward.

Feel completely powerless when talking to the call centre and could really do with some advice 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: No Broadband since 15th July

A regrade should not result in the loss of broadband as its normally done overnight.

What lights are on your home hub?

Its possible one of the forum members could help, just in case there is a problem with your equipment or wiring.

If you want to escalate it meanwhile.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
fionafish
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for responding I have a HomeHub 2 and the power and wireless markers are blue the broadband marker is solid orange. Tried all the unplugging direct into test socket etc to no avail. Engineer says not at the exchange. BT themselves have said that it is unusual for connection to be down whilst regrade takes place? I have an uneasy feeling that the regrade will happen and we will still have no connection if there is another problem..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

As Keith has posted contact the Care Team they will be able to resolve your problem for you
0 Ratings
fionafish
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks posted problem with customer care team and they didn't come back to me. Now told by Bt it will be another 2 weeks.Beyond ridiculous.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

have you checked your spam box sometimes there mails end up there
0 Ratings