Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robc184
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

No Connection, only orange light

Go to solution
Hi,

Hoping someone could help me. Since yesterday morning my infinity connection has gone. I have a homehub 4 and it's power light is orange. But there are no lights on the silver bar under the power light.

The white box connecting to the hub has its power,dsl and lan1 light on green. I have followed the reset procedure on BT by turning it all off and then back on and resetting the homehub. The homehub power light, after reset, goes to orange after it's started again and no lights on the silver bar are shown.

Over the last two weeks the connection has become unreliable with internet dropping out for 5 minutes or so but then reconnected until yesterday.

I've tried the connection test on BT and that says broadband connection is fine.

Not sure what to do next,can anyone help?

Thanks
Rob
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Connection, only orange light

Go to solution
Try connecting your PC directly to the modem and setting up a Broadband PPPOE connection - see if it works without the Homehub.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

If you are not sure how to do what Legitimse Sailing suggested follow this guide

Make a direct connection from your PC to the modem which will eliminate the homehub.  Use your computer as normal to see if it connects to the Internet. If it does not connect you will know the fault is either with your line or the modem. If it connects you have a faulty homehub.

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the modem

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop into the modem using LAN1 port

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4: Connect to the internet then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5: Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password as BT

Step6: connect, If it doesn't,keep pressing try again until it does.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I wish BT would get this written up on their help pages.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
robc184
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Hi, Thanks for the workflow. After leaving it this morning the internet seemed to have come back on when I got back. I'll try your workflow the next time it goes off. Many Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Ratings