cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 71

Re: No Dolby Atmos on BT Sport App (Shield TV/Fire Stick)

Yes it was all Fine last season 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 71

OK. I'll mention it to the dev lead for the Xbox and Samsung apps, and ask our ops guys whether there were any issues with the streams tonight.
Message 33 of 71

@lookalikey the Xbox app doesn't support Atmos - we don't have any way in our app of detecting that the device is connected to a capable decoder, so we cannot offer it.

Speaking to the wider team, it appears there were some audio issues affecting both the HD and 4k variants of the Rangers match last night. I'm still trying to find out why, but it sounds like it was a one-off issue.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 71

Xbox app doesn’t offer Dolby Atmos ?? Are you sure ? I’ve been using it for over a year with it sending Dolby atmos to my amp ..  I’m confused !??

Even last night it was Dolby atmos from Xbox to Amp - the sound was only using two channels tho , 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 71

I can confirm from our logs that your Xbox definitely wasn't provided with the Atmos stream. It was only provided with the regular Dolby Digital 5.1 stream.
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 71

Oh that’s weird Xbox must send that to amp as Dolby atmos

How do all the other apps manage to send atmos when yours can’t ? Netflix prime Disney Apple TV etc ..
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 71

There are 2 different ways to develop an app for Xbox - UWP, or XDK.

UWP allows us to develop a common app that works across multiple platforms - it's 99% of the same app code that you see on Samsung TV, Android TV, Fire TV, PlayStation, etc.  This is the route we chose, but unfortunately it doesn't provide us with full access to the hardware on Xbox.

XDK provides full access to the hardware, but it would take us many months to develop a bespoke application just for the Xbox. This unfortunately isn't an option.

The same app code running on your Samsung TV is capable of detecting your receiver capabilities, and I can confirm that your Samsung TV was provided with the Atmos stream.

Message 38 of 71

Thank you for the explanation - got it.

Ok - so my issue with my samsung tv is it only outputs Dolby Digital plus - so not true Dolby Atmos 😞

As i have a sky subscription - my best bet is to wait for Sky to receive BT Ultimate as a channel - and that will resolve all this..

Its all annoying as i had a BT TV box, BT Sport ultimate with Dolby Atmos worked great there.. till for some reason BT decided my line was no longer quick enough to recive BT Sport Ultimate - so they disabled it - and after many calls to bt support - wouldn't (actually couldn't!) enable it due to my line speed - even tho it had been working fine for years! ~END OF RANT~ 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 71

I've had it confirmed from others that the Atmos mix last night wasn't great - your description of it only being front L&R matched theirs.
Don't let last night's experience put you off - try the Tottenham v Wolves match Saturday lunchtime and see if it meets your expectations better.
0 Ratings
Message 40 of 71

Thanks !

Bt previously has always been far superior in sound quality for football than sky uhd !
0 Ratings