cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 71

Re: No Dolby Atmos on BT Sport App (Shield TV/Fire Stick)

Never been able to get dolby atmos and looking at the thread sounds like others are the same. Can you raise a ticket please to have this fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 71

Can you please send me a DM with the BT ID you're logged into the app with and I'll check what your device is telling the app it supports.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 71

Thanks I have sent it
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 71

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dLqEftGSSUDHtbBm6 

If it helps here is a link to photos of my denon amp input info comparing the tv bt app with the tv netflix app.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 71

I'll try rebooting again next time but I'm pretty sure my issue is different and was the same last season too.  Atmos worked very intermittently, quitting the BT app and using something like Netflix on the same device would use Atmos just fine.

This happened on both my Fire TV 4K and Shield TV 4K so I don't think it's related to the device.  Curiously I also have a Denon receiver as above but again no issues with other apps.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 71

@Stracs1 your device correctly identified that it was capable of Atmos, and was provided the Atmos stream but the player then tried to put itself into "passthrough" mode (where the audio is passed directly to the hardware to decode instead of it being decoded by the app) and it failed.

@ch2 you're right that it's not a device issue specifically - just that from our investigations so far, rebooting it did appear to reset everything.

Unfortunately there are many ways to do everything on Android, with some devices supporting some methods and other devices not.

Netflix are the best at absolutely everything - they set a very high standard, and on I only wish there was a way to tell which methods they use for each device.

I'll see what I can arrange this week for getting some more logs from your devices. I'd hoped to be able to turn it on with a key sequence within the app, however the team who would do that for me are flat out on other work. I'll see if I can get a special app version sorted with the logging turned on as needed. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Message 27 of 71

Tried casting to my chromecast ultra tonight and atmos is working with that. Not sure if that helps or is relevant but thought I would mention it. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 71

@DarrenDev can confirm that unfortunately it is the same issue even after rebooting - Dolby Atmos is not reported by the receiver.  Also tried it with the Fire TV stick.  

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 71

I’m getting this issue - using Bt sport app on Xbox or via my Samsung tv - during tonight’s rangers game 

I see Dolby atmos as the output on my Sony receiver - but the sound is only coming out of my front left abd right speakers ! 

if I use other apps either on Samsung or via Xbox it works fine 

has something been broken on Bt sport app ??

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 71

The issue being investigated in this thread is specific to Android devices, and specifically covers the scenario where the app isn't sending an Atmos signal when it should be.
Xbox and and Samsung TV apps are totally different, and the fact the receiver says it's receiving an Atmos signal suggests that the app/device is doing what it should. Have you experienced Atmos in the BT Sport app before?
0 Ratings