cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

No HD movies play at the moment on BT Ap

Not sure if others are having the same problem, but it looks like I cannot play HD movies using the Youview BT Vision App. HD content from BBC is fine, but fire up the BT app and try to watch an HD movie and the BT Vision logo just keeps spinning.

I've put in a report to BT, but keen to see if others are experiencing issues. I've even turned everything off and back on again which usually sorts the problems out but on this occasion, nothing!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
GraemeF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: No HD movies play at the moment on BT Ap

See discussion at;

http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/No-Dolby-5-1-surround-sound-on-BT-Vision-Films-Box-office...

This may work for you;

Try going to settings and change hdmi surround to stereo then try and access hd film in btcontent.

G

0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

That's not the issue. HD films don't play at all. They just sit at the buffering screen with BT logo spinning. Issue is not speed and BT have confirmed this. Seems another issue.
0 Ratings
GraemeF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

That's the exactly the same issue that I have. About two thirds of HD content does not play. Just get spinning triangle. However, if i go to settings and change HDMI settings from Surround to Stereo.  Films play fine. One one occasion though even doing this didn't work and i needed to do a reboot. Once film is playing it is possible to switch back to suround sound.

Issue seems to be that surround signal is preventing the playing of HD films in BTcontent. Seems to be only affecting people who feed signal through A/V amps.

0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Has this been fixed, or is everyone using the workaround?
0 Ratings
GraemeF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

@PJ_Maybe wrote:
Has this been fixed, or is everyone using the workaround?

Still not fixed 🙂

No longer use Box Office as I dont want the risk of paying £5 for a film I cant watch.

Occasiionally use work around when I want to see a film wich an alternative provider doesnt have.

....another six months to end of contract

0 Ratings