Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmerlo
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

No Internet After house Move

Hello,

I am at my wits end and hoping someone can help.

We moved house on 27th September.  In our previous house we had Fibre - I wanted Fibre again, but the new address did not have it.

On the day of the move, I had Internet and to my joy Fibre became available.  When I tried to upgrade, it wouldn't let me as there were issues with my house move order - saying it wasn't complete.  It finally completed on Friday the 28th, but as soon as it did - no internet and still no internet to this day almost two weeks later. 

I called on the 28th, and engineer was booked - he didn't turn up - it had been cancelled.  I called again, and again he didn't turn up.  I was promised a mi-fi, it didn't turn up.  This has happened on a number of occassions.   They have run the tests over and again - asking about the landline (which is fine!)

Finally an engineer turned up on Thursday 5th October.   Unfortunately he was there to do a copper test for the landline - I repeatadly told BT there was no issue with the landline!  He couldn't help as he was on the 'wrong job' - however he did test my line and said it was fine for internet and he also tried his spare hubs and wires.  He believed it was an authentication error and that I needed an SFI or Broadband boost engineer.

I called again to ask for this - I was promised one for the next day - guess what ... nothing.  I called again, and was told there is an internal error which will be resolved by Openreach by Tuesday.  It is Tuesday.  I called again - I have been promised an engineer for tomorrow ...

During this process I have had two automated messages saying everything is fine (!) - my faults keep getting closed or changed to landline fault and engineer appointments are being cancelled - apparently automatically.

I have managed to put an order for Fibre - as I really don't want them to run out circuits, but I cannot wait till then to get Internet and I am not confident that it will work even when it is upgraded.

Being at home waiting for engineers constantly is not an option for me or my wife especially wen I am not convinced that they will actually come - it is clearly an internal error and I am hoping someone can help.  I was tempted to change supplier, but I think that would have only confused matters further.

I need help and I have seen the mods have helped people before - but I want to talk to someone that can explain the problem and what is being done.  Not someone reading a script and running tests over and again to then promise things that they can't deliver.

Regards

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: No Internet After house Move

i have asked mods to see if they can help  they will post a link which after you complete the mods wil get back to you when your form reaches top of inbox    about 2 working days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mmerlo
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Thank you - I hope they can help as I need to work from home a lot and right now having to find alternative locations which is hugely time-consuming and expensive.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 15

Hi @mmerlo sorry that you have not been able to get your broadband service working since you have moved in.

We are quite busy at the moment so we may taken longer than normal to get back to you. We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
mmerlo
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Thank you I have done so.

0 Ratings
mmerlo
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Another week goes by and nothing. The promised call-backs never happen and when we call nobody knows anything. The new tactic is to give us a date a couple of days out saying it should be fixed and we will call you. Obviously that dossn't happen.

I hope the mods can help soon as this is getting a little ridiculous. The app is really helpful though - it has little green ticks in engineer visit and conpletion and estimated fix date. None of which have happened of course, but at least the app also tells me what day it is, which is a very nice reminder if how long a time has passed with no information or update.

My wife even spoke to an engineer who was working in our cabinet (for another house) he tried to help but obviously he was 'on the wrong job' too so couldn't do anything other than to agree it is ridiculous.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

if you completed the forum not PM following the mod link then mods should get back to you 2/4 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mmerlo
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Thank you - yes I did. Hopefully they get to it soon.

Regards
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 9 of 15

Hi @mmerlo,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. It's taking us longer than normal to reply.

I've checked your account and I'm happy to see that a Manager has had this picked up for you. I can see that you spoke with someone today who has given you their direct line. They will take full ownership of this and help you going forward.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Ray2
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Has same thing on house move bt lie all day I’ve had 4 days of work and each time no Enginner also 6 hours of calls and same thing each time put on hold for 30
Mins and then lied to as I understand it this is a common thing within bt the staff can’t help but have a game to see who can get someone to snap they play god with your internet lives because they have the power to push the reset button
0 Ratings