cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danarm
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

No Landline or Broadband for two weeks

I have been a BT customer for both my landline and broadband at my current address for approx. 17 years.  It is a rural location on a farm and three weeks ago I notice BT Openreach vans at the farm and upon enquiring of my neighbour was told that our landlord who lives in a large house on the farm had been without landline or broadband for the last ten days. 

When I came home from work on the 24th August I discovered that I had no landline or broadband service so I asked my neighbour if his was still working and he said yes his was OK but that earlier that day the engineers had fixed the problem for our landlord. Now, call me cynical if you like, I find it highly suspicious that as soon as his problem is sorted I have no service.  I am the only one in the area with a problem and despite numerous conversations with BT and no nearer to finding out when the problem is likely to be fixed.  It is causing me endless trouble having; a) no landline as I have an elderly father who needs to contact me but won't phone a mobile number and b) no broadband as I need to be able to access my work computer from home.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
PaddyB
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Landline or Broadband for two weeks

Hi @Danarm,

I'm sorry you've been left without service. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with the fault on your line.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Danarm
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Do I access your profile by clicking on your name?  When I do that I can't see any "Contact The Mods" link.  The words contact me appear but they're not a link.  What details would you want?

0 Ratings
Danarm
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Now found link and filled in form.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 5 of 5

Chances are that you have been affected by the work on your neighbours line, there are two possibilitys ....one , somehow as a result of repairing your neighbours line, they have somehow managed to disconnect yours,( a honest mistake)  if this is the case , then provided you have raised a fault, your provider has accepted the report as genuine and have passed it on to Openreach, then hopefully your line will be repaired quite quickly,  however the other possibility is that in effect 'your' line was taken to restore service to your neighbour , so the only 'line' left is his 'faulty' line....this should never happen, and probably would never be admitted (robbing Peter to pay Paul) but if it did,  as its a rural location, it may well take time to  fix the faulty cable , or provide the area with 'new' cable pairs, if it were a quick and easy 'fix' then they wouldn't have resorted to this dishonest 'solution' to your neighbours faulty line, and they wouldn't pinch the 'pair' back to restore your service as this obviously would put your neighbour back out of service, two wrongs don't make a right.

You ( and I) may be cynical for no good reason , but this sort of thing can happen, anecdotally though it tends to be 'contractors' rather than OR's direct labour force that sometimes resort to this sort of thing, as contractors tend not to get (fully) paid if the don't complete the task they were hired to do.

0 Ratings