cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

No Service At All

So, two weeks after my activation, I am still yet to receive any service from BT at all and I have been charged my full monthly billing cycle. I have had an open complaint for over a week which appears to have been completely ignored and it seems as though nothing is being done to fix this issue.

My first open fault was marked as 'resolved' after being sent a new router, despite that not being the issue. A new fault has now been raised by the support team, which was estimated to be fixed yesterday, yet no updates have been given whatsoever.

I'm posting this here to see if any community moderators will actually be willing to help since the rest of your teams don't seem to be bothered; or maybe if any customers have had similar experiences and have any advice to offer.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: No Service At All

are you transferring from another ISP

are you getting FTTP or FTTC?

do you have a dial tone on landline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I moved to a new apartment at the beginning of January and signed up with BT immediately, was activated on the 19th.

I'm receiving FTTC I believe, engineers have been to the cabinet three times total including the activation so I doubt it's an issue there.

Currently I'm getting nothing as it appears that whatever has been done yesterday actually disconnected my broadband completely as I've returned to a flashing orange light instead of the solid one I'd had for two weeks. 

I don't have a landline to check unfortunately and it seems that my flat doesn't have a test socket.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

checking for a dial tone is most basic check as without dial tone you are extremely unlikely to get a broadband connection.  it enable you to decide if a phone fault that is causing your lack of broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

As I've said, I do not have a landline. I don't feel as though I should be forced to go and buy a phone to check this when I've already been charged for service that I haven't received.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

which master socket do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

4, although it is not a white box, it is only a metal faceplate on the wall.

0 Ratings