Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

No Such User??

Go to solution

Hi All, registered with BT FON about 3 weeks ago but only just got round to testing and cannot login which seems to be a common problem.

I'm getting to a landing page, checking the BTOpenzone box (because I read it somewhere even though I don't understand why as i am registered with btfon and its a btfon hotspot, but anyway!) and entering my user name and password but it says it says "Please check you have entered your username/ password correctly".

So i try again this time checking the btfon box and it seems to be doing something and the page changes and it really looks optimistic but then it gives a different error saying just "email or password invalid". if it helps the URL of the form is https://www.btfon.com/welcome/Bt?i18n=No%20such%20user which might be a clue?

Anyway, one way or the otrher I'm getting nowhere. I have checked this forum and cleared the cache etc and still get nowhere. I'm begining to wonder if it really is my username or password but I use my full btopenworld email address and my email password.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Ta.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: No Such User??

Go to solution

Try your email name@btinternet not @btopenworld

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
I should add that as per Kerry's troubleshooting post I have tried using the first part of my email address with the same result. The only thing I can think of is that i never use my @btinternet address and I'm wondering whether the front part of that is in a different format? How do i find out?
0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
DS, we crossed, how do i locate that?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

AFAIK it's the same, just change the last bit to @btinternet.com - MUST be the primary account holders email details

(yourname@btinternet.com)

edit. The forum mods may need to intervene to change yours to @btinternet

0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
I have a long distant memory of seeing an account admin page that showed a btinternet email address in a slightly different format, but that is probably a red herring. I registered on btfon with my bto address. How do i get the forum mods to intervene. thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

You can call BT and they should tell you what it is

or contact the mods via this form (takes up to 72 hours for a reply) - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

What happens if you only use the first part of your email details (before the @bt.......) and password?

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@Thompson218 wrote:

Hi All, registered with BT FON about 3 weeks ago but only just got round to testing and cannot login which seems to be a common problem.

I'm getting to a landing page, checking the BTOpenzone box

So i try again this time checking the btfon box

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Try the BT Total Broadband option....

0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

>>What happens if you only use the first part of your email details (before the @bt.......) and password?

I get exactly the same error.

The error page are different depending on whether I have selected btfon or btopenzone. If I select btoz it says "you have entered your username/password incorrectly". The page url is so long i won't even try and post it!

If i select btfon it says "email or password invalid" and I get the url i mentioned above alluding to no such user.

0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

>>Try the BT Total Broadband option....

I have, that what i meant when i said btopenzone above. Sorry!!

0 Ratings