cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kezzak
Message 1 of 5

No advanced notice for direct debit

I have just looked at my online banking to find that I have my first bill from bt taken
Out of my account of £70. I was to be on a first three months free deal I know that I had to pay line rental but this seems quite high? I never received an email to say that my bill was ready and when I try to visit mybt I need my account number which is meant to be on a bill I have never received. I thought that the direct debit scheme required advanced notice of any monies being taken and on which date?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: No advanced notice for direct debit

hi your account number will be on any letter or bill from BT and the email would have been sent to your BT registered email address that you set up when you joined BT
Kezzak
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply. I have never received a letter or a bill from bt, I ordered phone and broadband over the phone and have only got emails from then with regards to the installation which I have searched through looking the account number. I will check the bt email they give but any emails regarding installation and that the phone line etc was active went to my yahoo email address.
0 Ratings
Kezzak
Message 4 of 5

Just checked and no email on my bt email either.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

it will be on the install letter along with you phone number
0 Ratings