Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DaveGrohl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

No audio for a few seconds after pause

Hi everyone, I've just got a BT Youview DTR T2110 box, liking it mostly so far. However, whenever I pause anything then resume it there's no audio for anywhere between 2 and 8 seconds. The video starts instantly on resumption but not the audio. This is exceedingly frustrating!! Is there some thing wrong with my box?

I'm scratching my head at this as the BT box is a Humax box. I've had a couple of Humax PVRs in the last few years, and this box is to replace a JVC tv which had a Humax box integrated within the tv. That was a great product until it simply decided to die recently. I've never had this audio problem with any Humax product before, why now?

Also the time bar that appears when you pause or fastforward etc has no GMT time on it now, whereas my other PVRs all did. Is there a setting I can tweak to bring this up? Really annoying that it's not there. Thanks for any help.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: No audio for a few seconds after pause

@DaveGrohl wrote:
Hi everyone, I've just got a BT Youview DTR T2110 box, liking it mostly so far. However, whenever I pause anything then resume it there's no audio for anywhere between 2 and 8 seconds. The video starts instantly on resumption but not the audio. This is exceedingly frustrating!! Is there some thing wrong with my box?

I'm scratching my head at this as the BT box is a Humax box. I've had a couple of Humax PVRs in the last few years, and this box is to replace a JVC tv which had a Humax box integrated within the tv. That was a great product until it simply decided to die recently. I've never had this audio problem with any Humax product before, why now?

Also the time bar that appears when you pause or fastforward etc has no GMT time on it now, whereas my other PVRs all did. Is there a setting I can tweak to bring this up? Really annoying that it's not there. Thanks for any help.

this is an old bug from last year - and usually common if set audio to surround sound

press the 'A/D' button to change audio settings and see what happens after pausing then resuming

0 Ratings
DaveGrohl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Where's the A/D buttton? The AD button in the bottom left of the remote just brings a message up about audio description. I've managed to find a couple of settings relating to stereo/surround. I've changed then reset them after saving them, to no avail. I thought this box has only been available in 2014? Are we talking about the same box?
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

@DaveGrohl wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't understand. Where's the A/D buttton? The AD button in the bottom left of the remote just brings a message up about audio description. I've managed to find a couple of settings relating to stereo/surround. I've changed then reset them after saving them, to no avail. I thought this box has only been available in 2014? Are we talking about the same box?

Yes, the button displays about audio description, but it switches the audio which can resolve the problem and BT are aware of this (this solution actually came from BT)

0 Ratings
DaveGrohl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I've done what you suggested but it hasn't had any effect.
0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Are you using an Amp or Sound Bar by any chance?

0 Ratings
DaveGrohl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

No just straight into the tv hdmi. However, I e-mailed Humax directly and they've suggested a software update and reset which seems to have worked. Thanks for trying to help though, cheers.
0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

That is great news 🙂

0 Ratings