cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

No bbc iplayer again

Go to solution

I have a problem accessing bbc iplayer, just get the message: BBC iPlayer currently unavailable. Please try again later.

No problem with ITV, 4OD, or channel 5. I can also access BBC iPlayer from my free sat. Tech. support suggested return to factory settings and that didn't work.

I have been told it is a software problem with the BBC and there is nothing they can do just have to wait.  I got the same response after christmas when the ff and rewind didn't work for months, told I would get an email when the problem is fixed, that email never came.

The factory reset worked when the box kept re-booting. 

Any help would be great because this year BT aren't giving me the service I signed up for.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: No bbc iplayer again

Go to solution

It's not BT it's the BBC that broke it.

www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a585274/bbc-investigates-problems-with-iplayer-and-homepage.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It wasn't BT or BBC that broke it, sincere apologies to both, it was a faulty antenna cable.  All good now, even the ff on radio that has been down is working.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hello,

I too am not receiving BBC IPlayer.  I thought it was down to not taking up the offer of a free box to replace my sliver one but it's obviously not that.

Incidently, BT took another months payment from me and the service that was closing down on the 30th June is still running so no need to take a new 18 month contract after all.

Despite phoning BT and explaining my position I am still receiving a " your service will be switched off soon , please contact us " E_Mail each day..

Maybe the " technical" problem is the communication between the "service desk" and the computer that generates the messages !!!  Smiley Wink

0 Ratings