cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

No broadband and no support after moving home

Go to solution

I just wanted to talk about my experience and suggest everybody to bear in mind that BT support is useless and that every single piece of work they have to do will be delayed for ever. I already had some problems last summer with the simple activation of a mobile sim contract linked to my broadband. Now I am having problems again and they are simply keeping saying they will contact me and solve the problem as soon as possible.

I moved 10 days ago and I was supposed to get the activation in my new address on the 7th of June (2 weeks for the switching of a line????). Of course they did not activate it. When I called 0800800150 they told me there had been a problem with the engineer that went to activate the line and that the engineer is not from bt but from another company. Too bad that no one showed in that day so I don't know where the engineer went. They say that a visit had been done, but not in my apartment. Anyway they told me they would contact me the next day. Of course they did not. I then tried with the online chat and they repeated that there was a problem with the activation of the broadband but that this was due to the engineer that went to check. I told them as well that no one ever came to me, but they could not check since this ghostly engineer is from another company. Of course they said they would contact me by phone, that they did not. So I have been without internet connection already for 10 days and I have no idea, no schedule, nothing to know when I will be connected. The greatest thing is that on the online mybt it shows on one page that I have no broadband subscription, while in the page with my order it shows: "We are currently fixing a problem with your order and will contact you shortly" while saying a bit later in the same page that everything has been delivered.

What to do now? wait weeks for them to call? Insist with their telephone support?

Does anybody know how can I deal with this?

thanks

best regards

Paolo

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: No broadband and no support after moving home

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @paolog71 Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your order. We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks to a moderator (David) I solved the problem. He tried to call the number and said it was ringing, but I did not hear anything. So I changed the hub/phone that was connected with an old phone and an old bt hub and now it simply works. Such a simple thing to do, did not come to my mind and of course to no one in support. The BT phone/hub is just broken.

BT website is still showing that "We are currently fixing a problem with your order and will contact you shortly", but I guess the system did not yet update.

Anyway for such an easy thing I have lost days and had to rely on a Forum moderator, that is not for sure the first thing that came to my mind. I think that BT phone support and chat support should improve a lot!

Thanks again David!

Kind regards

Paolo

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

My pleasure @paolog71. Post back if you have any further problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings