Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supy
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

No broadband connection

Go to solution
My BT hub is unable to connect to broadband since late morning. Service status does not show known issues for my area 01895. Phone line is fine. I tried the online checker and it logged a fault but no status update on that since it was logged at 1351 this afternoon. Chose callback option on the customer service line but nobody has called back after 2 hours.
Could anybody please help to know at least if it's a wider issue that's being worked on? The fault status seems to indicate it's at the BT retail server.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: No broadband connection

Go to solution

Check here to see if any problems shown. http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Supy
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hi
I checked my exchange LWUXB there are no open issues. What next?
Thanks
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If you have tried test socket with a new filter and still nothing then as ohone works you need to phone customer services and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Supy
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks tried the test socket with no success. Held 45 minutes for broadband customer services and was told there is a major service outage in my area.
I asked why the BT and Plusnet show no service issues in my area. The rep did not know why that was, just that his system showed a major fault that would be resolved Monday 25th 1730.
Still puzzled why there is no mention of this affecting Uxbridge on the website, recorded phone status nor any news release.
0 Ratings
Supy
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

The first technical rep didnt give correct info - there was in fact no service issue in my area.

Upon calling again, was advised that the Openreach line check was fine so problem must be with the Hub 5. Was sent a new Hub 5. Installed that yesterday but same issue - after power up glows blue for 20 seconds then orange with the blinking red "B".

Made couple more calls and an online chat, and my case has been escalated to Level-2. The 1st level says they cannot arrange for engineer, only Level-2 can do that.

Frustrated that its taken 5 days and so many calls with the technical helpdesk, and its not yet at the point that imjolly advised me on day-1.

0 Ratings
anderai
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I'm having a similar experience to you at the moment Supy.  

My Infinity 2 was disconnected when I got home on 19/07/2016 and I went on live help on 20/07/2016 to see what the issue was.  I was told the first time that there was a 'major outage' and to wait two or three days!  As far I was aware there was no issue with my exchange here in Inverness.

I got back to live help on 22/07/2016 where i was told that 'people were working on it and it should be resolved by midnight'.  Needless to say, it wasn't and on 25/07/2016 I was back on to live help who agreed to send an engineer on the morning of 29/07/2016.

My landline works fine, I've tried the test socket which didn't change anything and reset and restarted my home hub 5 several times which always results in the same sequence of lights: green, blue for 20 seconds and then flashing orange which becomes permanent orange with an intermittent orange icon light.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Friday as I've been without Infinity for nine days now (apart from using a slightly sketchy BT wifi hotspot).

0 Ratings
anderai
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Supy, I don't know if you managed to have your fault resolved or not but I never saw the scheduled engineer on the morning of 29/07/2016.  My home hub 5 which had been glowing orange for nine days suddenly reset and went blue about 9.15am that morning.  It's been fine ever since so I'm assuming the engineer found a fault at the cabinet or exchange (which is what I assumed it was).  Whatever it was, I'm just glad to be back on again.

Supy
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks anderai, I had the same result. The Level 2 team contacted me on 27th night and referred my case to the engineering team who sorted it next day without a home visit. Been working fine since 28th afternoon.
0 Ratings