Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

No broadband on new phone/broadband order

Hi,

I've recently had a phone and broadband order complete which required the installation of a new line. Although I received an SMS stating the broadband service is ready, I have no DSL sync with a known-good router which is suggests to me that ADSL isn't enabled on the line.

I also appear to have an outstanding tracking order on this account with a VOL number which differs from the VOL regarding the line installation which cannot currently be tracked.

Is there any way to find out the status of the ADSL activation on my line? I contacted support, however, my query resulted in a fault raised requiring another engineer visit as it was somewhat difficult in getting my query across and I'm uncertain whether an engineer visit is required if ADSL activation is simply in progress.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: No broadband on new phone/broadband order

Were you not supplied a Homehub?

Have u set up your "known-good router" correctly. You need to use the user name broadband.user@btbroadband.com and if your router requires a password use BT or anything else you like.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

I opted to supply my own router - last used before I switched to fibre at another property so I'm 99% sure it's still fine.

I am using a <username>@btbroadband.com username with BT as the password (though I would still assume that the modem to acheive DSL sync even without the correct login credentials), PPPoA VC and 0/38 VPI/VCI settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

See here for the router settings on an ADSL connection

http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7447/~/how-do-i-set-up-my-non-bt-router%3F

You should not need an engineer visit to your house to set up ADSL broadband. Have you contacted BT to confirm that the activation has gone ahead as planned?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

That's the same article that I referred when I initially hit my problem.

I attempted to contact BT however I wasn't able to get a clear answer from support, which ended up in my query getting raised as fault and an engineer appointment. As I received an SMS message that the broadband service was active shortly after the message notifying me that my new line is installed, I assumed that the activation had completed.

I was hoping to avoid the situation where an engineer arrived expecting to find an enabled broadband service but found that the problem was down to BT not having activated it on my line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

I am going to move this thread onto the ADSL broadband board where you will get people with more knowledge about ADSL than me who will be able to help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

are you connected to test socket and still nothing - no internet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Yes, I've also tried the test socket with the same result.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

the mods will post a contact us link and will update you about activation 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Hi hyperplanar,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry about the problem with your broadband.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings